It takes time and creativity as a content creator to achieve success on social media. Or to tell your brand story every day. With this team of apps you can easily, creatively and quickly distinguish yourself with visuals on TikTok, Instagram, YouTube, Snapchat and other socials.
The apps were brought together by Kirsten Jassies in ‘Kick ass content for social media‘ (affiliate). She interviewed 12 content creators such as:
They give you world tips to really boost your social media effort, although most of them seem familiar to you (‘experiment is learning’, ‘find your niche’, ‘publish a lot and persevere’, ‘it takes more time than you think’, ‘start before you’re ready’, ‘what you share doesn’t have to be perfect’ and ‘be sharp and deviate from the crowd’). However, their personal stories are super inspiring.
But what interests me more are the apps. Because what a good one in between! I’ll walk you through a few that you can put on your smartphone this summer to shine.
Recap: why visuals again?
We’ve known for a long time that content with relevant visuals attracts far more views than plain text. This is confirmed time and again by research.
- you pull 94% more views because your brain works visually. So infographics, videos or memes: do it! This will give you more reach and conversions.
- Visuals become to Shared 40 times more on social networking sites.
- Get Tweets with Embedded Images 18% more clicks and no less than 150% more retweets.
- In addition, visual information is often much better understood.
- Visuals are much better remembered.
- Visuals provide an emotional connection, and emotional response is much more influential.
In short: adding visuals makes your social media marketing much more effective.
Before you start editing visuals, you have to create them first. You can observe some basic rules, which @ Zilverblauw shares in the book ‘Kick ass content for social media’.
- Think of the rule of thirds. Divide your screen in three and don’t place your subject exactly in the middle of your photo.
- Leave out as much as possible, that saves filtering out with the Retouch app below. Less = more.
- Think of a lines in your photo. That makes watching a lot more exciting. For example horizontal lines, placing a horizon on a third or diagonal lines.
- Search for balance in color and shape.
- Dare to get close. No, even closer!
- A wrong composition does not exist: you decide.
- And I like this one the most: see the world as a picture. Look at the light, the shadow, look up or down. There is so much more to see in the world.
Eleven great apps
Jassies mentions some super cool apps. I’ve highlighted a few that I didn’t know very well myself. Or which I think is great myself. Here we go:
1. Erase objects from your photo with Retouch
An easy app is Retouch with which you can erase annoying objects from the photo for a few euros. So get rid of half traffic lights, traffic signs or flying seagulls that you just didn’t want to capture.
2. Fun with Gigi Hadid in Reface
Deep fakes to be all around us. Recover, nominated for the Google Play Users’ Choice Award in 2020, replaces a famous actor’s face with yours. You can also swap memes with your photo. The app is extremely popular and super easy to use. You take a selfie, choose a gif and you are Ronaldo or Gigi Hadid live in action.
3. Create your own filters with Spark AR Studio
You make filters in Spark AR Studio. This is free software from Facebook, based on facial recognition software. Within a few hours you can make cool filters with all the tutorials. You have to sit down for this.
4 & 5. Automatic Subtitles with MixCapitons & Autocap
Whether it’s NSFW, or if you just don’t want to impose sound on the viewers of your video content, subtitles the solution. But what a hell of a job is it if you have to do that manually. You lose precious hours with that. With the apps MixCaptions (Apple) en Autocap (Android) your spoken texts are automatically translated into written text.
6, 7 & 8. Fast editing with Quick, Vlogeasy & Wevideo
While I’m working on video content, I should also mention some editing apps. You probably already know Kinemaster and iMovie. You can edit faster with Quik (free and useful for beginners) or Vlogeasy. Do you have little storage space? Then experiment with Wevideo. That app stores the videos you edit in the cloud.
9, 10 & 11. Speed up or slow down with Vizmato, Hyperlapse & Slowmo
Do you not only want to edit quickly, but also want your videos to play faster (handy for dashcams or bike rides)? Then are Vizmato (Android) in Hyperlapse (Instagram) your friends. Want to chill out your viewers? Then you choose Slowmo to delay your speech or image. Whether you use the slow motionoption in Instagram Stories.
So. Your smartphone has become even more complete with these apps. Do you want more? then hit Kick ass content for social media (affiliate) open. It contains many tips and tricks, handy lists and the insights of meme lords, filter wizards and comedy chicks. They’ll help you on your way to your championship!
Source: Frankwatching by feedproxy.google.com.
*The article has been translated based on the content of Frankwatching by feedproxy.google.com. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!