A week before facing Paris-Saint-Germain for the kick-off of the Champions League, Juventus Turin finds itself in spite of itself at the heart of the “Pogba affair”. Paul Pogba, the French international who returned to Piedmont this summer after several years at Manchester United, says he is the victim of extortion and blackmail by criminals, among whom would be his older brother Mathias.
A subject that the Italian club does not wish to comment on. Asked by Agence France Presse, a spokesman for the management of the bianconero club referred to the entourage of the 29-year-old French world champion, currently in the recovery phase after a right knee injury at the end of July.
Allegri: ‘I haven’t seen Pogba’
Juve coach Massimiliano Allegri was also asked at a press conference on Tuesday about his player’s state of mind, but preferred to kick in touch: “The injured work apart from the team, I don’t have not seen Pogba”.
He simply confirmed that the French international was “not available at the moment”. “If all goes well, he will start running a bit again from next week. Then we will see how he evolves, hoping to have him as soon as possible, ”he added.
A family affair
According to information from franceinfo confirmed to AFP by a source familiar with the matter, Paul Pogba told investigators that he had been intimidated several times in Manchester, his ex-club, and up to the Juventus training center, where he returned this summer. He would have already paid the sum of 100,000 euros, according to franceinfo.
Among the suspects, he claims to have recognized his older brother Mathias, himself a professional footballer – but without a club since leaving Belfort – and originally from Saturdaya very shared video where he promised “great revelations” about Paul.
Note that the third member of the Pogba siblings, Florentin – twin of Mathias – passed through Sochaux or Saint-Etienne, is not named in this affair, and has remained silent since Saturday.
The mother of the two players, Yeo Moriba, was also heard as a witness by the Oclo investigators, we learned Tuesday evening from a source familiar with the matter. No details have leaked out about his hearing.
New video from Mathias
For his part, Mathias Pogba published a new video on his Twitter account on Tuesday evening accompanied by a chain of messages in which he accuses his brother and his supporters of having sought to “drag (s) his name in the mud”.
“Also,” he adds, “in his determination to discredit anyone who knows his little secrets, Paul claims that the money he offered to his childhood friends was extorted, easy for the media to say, but what do we do if this money is justified by official and registered documents, and there is proof of a consented gesture!? It’s not the same, is it? “.
Source: Le Progrès : info et actu nationale et régionale – Rhône, Loire, Ain, Haute-Loire et Jura | Le Progrès by www.leprogres.fr.
*The article has been translated based on the content of Le Progrès : info et actu nationale et régionale – Rhône, Loire, Ain, Haute-Loire et Jura | Le Progrès by www.leprogres.fr. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!