The Colombian cyclist Ivn Ramiro Sosa (Ineos Grenadiers) has donned the leader’s jersey of the sixth edition of the Tour de La Provence after winning the third and penultimate stage, a day of mountainous profile and 153.9 kilometers disputed this Saturday between the French town of Istres and Chalet Reynard, 6 kilometers from the top of Mont Ventoux.
With a time of 4 hours, 8 minutes and 14 seconds, Sosa won alone in the high-rise finish at Chalet Reynard (Mont Ventoux), in the first category, ahead of fellow Colombian Egan Bernal (Ineos Grenadiers) and Campen del World, the French Julian Alaphilippe (Deceuninck-Quick Step). Spain’s Jess Herrada (Cofidis) finished in fifth place.
The day was marked by intense cold and by the flight of the French Louis Louvet (St Michel-Auber93), Damien Gaudin (Total-Direct Energie) and Jerome Cousin (Total-Direct Energie), the Italians Nicola Bagioli (B&B Hotels) and Florian Vermeersch (Lotto-Soudal) and the French Alessandro Fedeli (Delko). The group started the race from kilometer 19 until the peloton finished with its options in the final ascent.
Ineos once again prevailed on a high mountain stage, once again demonstrating the great level of its climbers. The British team controlled the pace of the race at will. First with a great job by the young 20-year-old Spaniard Carlos Rodríguez, who, 4.7 kilometers from the finish line, gave way to Ivn Sosa, so that the Colombian could launch the final attack, and then with Egan Bernal, who played the role of marker. to stop Alaphilippe’s onslaught.
It was not the day of Enric Mas (Movistar Team), one of the promises of Spanish cycling, who finished 12 minutes and 15 seconds behind the Colombian leader.
Far from his field, the Italian Davide Ballerini (Deceuninck-Quick Step), who donned the leader’s jersey winning the first stage and defended it by repeating his triumph on the second day, could not be with the best, giving the garment to the often Colombian cyclist .
Sosa faces the fourth and last stage this Sunday with a margin of 19 seconds over Bernal and 21 over Alaphilippe.
The Tour of Provence conclude this Sunday with the dispute of its fourth and last stage, of 163.2 kilometers, starting in Avignon and arriving in Salon-de-Provence.
Classifications [Clasificaciones completas]
1. Ivn Ramiro Sosa (COL / Ineos Grenadiers) – 4:18:37
2. Egan Bernal (COL/Ineos Grenadiers) a 0:15
3. Julian Alaphilippe (Deceuninck-Quick Step) a 0:18
4. Wouter Poels (NED / Bahrain-Victorious) at 0:29
5. JESS HERRADA (ESP / Cofidis) at 0:48
6. Giulio Ciccone (ITA / Trek-Segafredo) at 0:48
7. Bauke Mollema (NED / Trek-Segafredo) at 0:48
8. Mauri Vansevenant (BEL / Deceuninck-Quick Step) a 0:48
9. Jack Haig (AUS / Bahrain-Victorious) at 0:48
10. Patrick Konrad (AUT / Bora-Hansgrohe) at 0:48
1. Ivn Ramiro Sosa (COL / Ineos Grenadiers) – 13:13:16
2. Egan Bernal (COL/Ineos Grenadiers) a 0:19
3. Julian Alaphilippe (Deceuninck-Quick Step) a 0:21
4. Wouter Poels (NED / Bahrain-Victorious) at 0:39
5. Bauke Mollema (NED / Trek-Segafredo) at 0:57
6. Patrick Konrad (AUT / Bora-Hansgrohe) at 0:58
7. Jack Haig (AUS / Bahrain-Victorious) at 0:58
8. Mauri Vansevenant (BEL / Deceuninck-Quick Step) a 0:58
9. JESS HERRADA (Spa) Cofidis at 0:58
10. Aleksandr Vlasov (RUS / Astana-Premier Tech) and 0:58
Prxima etapa, 4: Avignon – Salon-de-Provence / 163.2 Km.
EFE – EFE Agency – All rights reserved. All types of reproduction are prohibited without the written authorization of the EFE S / A Agency.
Source: Es Ciclismo .com by www.esciclismo.com.
*The article has been translated based on the content of Es Ciclismo .com by www.esciclismo.com. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!