Issue # 148
Is it worth investing in bitcoin and the end of the blockchain hype: fintech digestAlina Aleshchenko
Hello, friends! I’m sorry you couldn’t enjoy Friday’s digest for a while – I was sick. But now he’s recovered and everything is in order – PCR is negative, and that’s great!
- The pandemic, digitalization and simplification of the provision of services played a role – the demand for digital cards in 2020 increased by 50%, especially since banks also have additional bonuses offer and are not going to stop.
- В Forbes named 50 companies with revenue or capitalization of more than $ 1 billion per year that use blockchain technology in their activities. There is even one of the Russian Federation – “Nornickel”.
- Yandex preparing to launch your own payment service? Yandex Pay – and this is how it will be called – will allow you to save bank card data and use them for cashless payments.
- Recommendations on shaping a personal financial ecosystem of a private user from Markswebb want? Useful material for anyone who creates fintech applications and strives to provide customers with a good user experience.
- How do Russian companies assess their level of digital maturity? ABBYY and PWC decided to do this study and came up with very interesting results. Spoiler: C grade.
- Why did Volodka shave off his mustache … Oh, I’m sorry! Why did Auchan sell his Onei-bank and what came of it? Misha Popov from TalkBank considersthat the trading network does not need a bank license, and it is more profitable to cooperate with fintech.
- How much will retail bank revenues grow, how was PayPal the first foreigner to enter the Chinese digital payments market, and for whom did Mastercard five times increase commissions? All here.
- The hype around the blockchain has passed and the technology has gone to the masses, “the era of its practical use has begun.” Study Sk-technologies of the distributed registry through the prism of the patent landscape. The article tells: who are the world leaders, what is the position of Russia, what forecasts, what cases are already being implemented in the world.
- ICT.Moscow released speaker expert DIT Moscow Kirill Polyakov on how voting on the blockchain was organized in the capital in 2020.
- Visa has announced the launch of the Visa Everywhere Initiative 2021. Participants Must submit application by May 7 (in English). The final of the regional competition is scheduled for June 8, and the global final on September 14, 2021.
- А Mastercard will start work with several cryptocurrencies, however, it is not yet clear with which ones. But do not rush to rejoice, PS will only support stablecoins, which are backed by real assets.
- CEO TTM Bank (To The Moon Bank) Vladislav Utushkin tells about the future of payment instruments for cryptocurrencies. In principle, everything is on the case. BUT! I am familiar with this “bank” and I think that TTM could, for a start, do normal application for smartphones, and only then indulge in reasoning.
- Well, immediately read this: bitcoin has long been transformed from a “toy for geeks” into a high-risk investment tool. So is it worth it invest? Should I follow Elon Musk’s example?
How are they?
- In Pekin launch an experiment in which the townspeople will be paid to abandon traditional money in favor of the digital yuan. Sergei Semenovich, when can we expect such an experiment in Moscow?
- An interesting story unfolds in the USA – there are lobbyists trying to convince the Biden administration of the need for stricter regulation of fintech companies because of their competition with banks. Ah-ah! Banksters don’t burn at all.
- Curious recording ether from the Financial University – Aksakov (State Duma of the Russian Federation), Genkin (IF24) and Dostov (AUREDiDP) gathered to talk about the future of cryptocurrencies. In short: there is a bubble around, the crypt is not provided with anything, and the blockchain is the head. At the very least, it’s worth seeing and listening.
- Yuri Milner in “Russian norms” about how he participated in the TON ICO and his desire to “directly” invest in Telegram. Well, in general, about investments … Smart!
- Nastya Uskova from Rocketbank visiting “Call a business uncle”… Why was Rocket closed? What mistakes were made and what alternatives to Rocketbank there are in Russia now. How to attract investment and how do women differ from men when working with them?
Thanks for reading, share this digest with your friends and come back in a week!
Source: Rusbase by rb.ru.
*The article has been translated based on the content of Rusbase by rb.ru. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!