Stress, fatigue or hormonal changes tend to weaken the hypersensitive intestines. To relieve your stomach aches, discover the special irritable bowel program of Florence Solsona-Guillem, a nutritionist with a diploma in medical psychosomatics.
The intestinal flora (called microbiota) contains no less than 2 kg of microorganisms, bacteria, yeasts, etc. which live there naturally in harmony, in other words in symbiosis. However, an unbalanced diet, taking medication or even stress can modify the natural balance of these microorganisms. In case of imbalance (we speak of dysbiosis), some people will have strong abdominal pain associated with chronic diarrhea while others will suffer from constipation.
So many digestive disorders that ruin the days of people with hypersensitive intestines. To relieve this visceral hypersensitivity, Dr. Florence Solsona, nutritionist doctor and author ofWellness recipes for fragile intestines (Ed. Larousse) offers a program “before, during and after” the crisis.
Irritable bowels: what to do in times of crisis
To alleviate symptoms and calm inflammation, start with eliminate tobacco, alcohol and coffee, which increase intestinal spasms. We also limit raw vegetables and chewing gum, which contribute to abdominal pain. Finally, to offer our intestines a real vacation, we only eat foods that are very easy to digest, until the pain is gone.
In video: Irritable bowels: what we eat when we are in pain
Irritable bowels: what to do after the attack
When the pains andthe bloating has disappeared, give your gut two to three more days of rest before gradually reintroducing more irritating foods. The ideal, so that digestion goes more easily and to be able to identify the foods that you support and those that you must limit, is to reintroduce one food per day.
- Start with the vegetables least rich in fiber: salad, cooked carrots and endives, green beans, leek whites, asparagus tips, cooked spinach and red beets, cooked peeled and seeded tomatoes.
- Gradually reintroduce the raw vegetables, very finely grated and without the skin.
- Then reintroduce the fruit. Choose the ripe ones and avoid those that contain small seeds (kiwis, raspberries).
- Lastly, add grain products high in fiber and pulses.
How to avoid seizures?
To live in harmony with your microbiota, it is not enough to choose good foods that are easy to digest. You must also change your behavior and adopt a new lifestyle:
- Take the time to sit down to eat, sit at the table, with your back straight. Not on the couch, in a position not very compatible with good digestion.
- Chew well because the digestion of insufficiently chewed food requires more work on the stomach and gives rise to fermentation, therefore painful bloating.
- Drink two large glasses of water before each meal because good hydration allows you to salivate well. This is essential because saliva helps limit gastric acidity, not to mention that water swells the dietary fibers and facilitates their progression in the intestine.
- Finish the meal with a lemon balm tea (you will find the recipe here). If your bloating is stress-related, alternate with hawthorn or valerian herbal tea.
Read also :
Subscribe to the Top Santé Newsletter to receive the latest news for free
Source: Topsante.com by www.topsante.com.
*The article has been translated based on the content of Topsante.com by www.topsante.com. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!