We thoroughly compare the iPhone 14 Plus with the iPhone 12 Pro Max, two similar and different devices. Which is the better of the two?
The iPhone 14 Plus and iPhone 12 Pro Max are similar in many ways and different in many others. We are facing two devices of the same size and dimensions, for which they are indicated for a similar type of user. For that time, we have decided thoroughly compare the iPhone 14 Plus with the iPhone 12 Pro Max to know if it is worth the change or so that you can choose correctly.
What are the differences between the iPhone 14 Plus and the iPhone 12 Pro Max?
These are two devices from two different ranges, but having spent some time, we found some strengths in favor of one and some in favor of anothersame as between iPhone 14 and iPhone 12 Pro. These are the main differences between iPhone 14 Plus and iPhone 12 Pro Max.
Improvements of the iPhone 14 Plus compared to the iPhone 12 Pro Max
- Smaller notch.
- More powerful A15 Bionic chip.
- Longer battery life.
- Satellite connection.
- Detection of traffic accidents.
- Cinema mode to record videos
- Smaller notch.
- Double eSIM.
- Photonic Engine
Improvements of the iPhone 12 Pro Max compared to the iPhone 14 Plus
- Triple rear camera.
- telephoto camera.
- LiDAR scanner.
- Apple ProRAW.
- Stainless steel instead of anodized aluminum.
In-depth comparison between the iPhone 14 Plus and the iPhone 12 Po Max
|iPhone 14 Plus||iPhone 12 Pro Max|
|Dimensions||16,08 x 7,81 x 0,78 cm||16,08 x 7,81 x 0,74 cm|
|Weight||203 g||226 g|
|Screen||6.7-inch Super Retina XDR OLED||6.7-inch Super Retina XDR OLED|
|Resolution and density||2278 x 1284 pixels, 458 ppi||2278 x 1284 pixels, 458 ppi|
|Processor||A15 Bionic||A14 Bionic|
|RAM||6 GB||6 GB|
|Operating system||iOS 16||iOS 16|
|Storage||128, 256 and 512GB||128, 256 and 512GB|
|cameras||Double camera (12+12 MP)||Triple camera (12+12+12MP)|
|Front camera||12 MP with autofocus||12 MP|
|Drums||26 hours of video playback||20 hours of video playback|
|Colors||Star White, Midnight, Blue, Purple and Red||Pacific Blue, Gold, Silver and Graphite|
|Others||Accident detection, connection to satellites, Dual SIM, Dual eSIM, Face ID, IP68 water resistance 30 min at 6 meters, MagSafe, Ceramic Shield||Dual SIM, Face ID, IP68 water resistance 30 min at 6 meters, MagSafe, Ceramic Shield|
|starting price||1.159 euros||1.259 euros|
The current design of the iPhone 14 was released with the iPhone 12, so we are facing two devices very similar regarding its design. They have practically the same dimensions, although the iPhone 14 Plus is about 20 grams lighter.
Despite the similarities, we found differences. On the iPhone 14 we have a smaller notch and a camera module with only two sensors. The rear glass has a glossy finish and the aluminum frame is matte. Just the opposite of the iPhone 12 Pro, which has a matte finish glass and a bright frame, in addition to having a module with 3 cameras in the rear area.
In this section we find differences since we are facing two different camera systems. The iPhone 14 has a better main camera than that of the iPhone 12 Pro, although the latter offers a greater versatility, by incorporating three different cameras. This you should know about the cameras of each device:
iPhone 14 Plus cameras
- 12 Mpx dual camera system (main and ultra wide angle):
- Main: ƒ/1.5 aperture.
- Ultra wide angle: ƒ/2.4 aperture.
*Main improvements compared to the iPhone 12 Pro Max:
- New Action mode. It allows you to record incredibly stable videos.
- Ultra gran angular. Wider images and better low-light photos thanks to the Photonic Engine.
- Enhanced True Tone Flash. 10% brighter and with a more uniform effect.
- Cinema mode. Now it allows recording in 4K at 30 f / s and in 4K at 24 f / s.
- Photographic Styles: Adjustments that raise or lower colors while keeping skin tones natural.
- Cinema mode to record videos with a shallow depth of field.
- Photonic Engine: Improves the photographic performance of all cameras in medium or low light environments: up to 2x in the ultra wide angle, 2x in the TrueDepth camera and 2.5x in the new main camera.
iPhone 12 Pro Max cameras
- 12MP Pro Camera System (Primary, Ultra Wide and Tele):
- Principal: 12-megapixel sensor, seven-element lens and ƒ/1.6 aperture.
- telephoto: 12-megapixel sensor, six-element lens, ƒ/2 aperture and 2x zoom.
- Ultra gran angular: 12-megapixel sensor, five-element optics, ƒ/2.4 aperture and 120º field of view.
Main improvements compared to the iPhone 14 Plus:
- Close-up optical zoom x2. Thanks to the telephoto sensor we have a better zoom.
- Portraits in Night mode. An exclusive feature of iPhone Pro with LiDAR sensor.
- Apple ProRAW. A format only available on iPhone Pro.
Despite the fact that they are two devices separated by two years, as far as the processor is concerned, they are only separated by a year. The iPhone 14 incorpora el chip A15 Bionicthe same one that we find in the iPhone 13. Therefore, we have interesting improvements regarding the chip A14 Bionic del iPhone 12 Pro.
Performance improvements are important, especially when we require more power. These are the scores of both processors on Geekbench:
- Chip A15 Bionic: 1738 Single-Core y 4732 Multi-Core.
- Chip A14 Bionic: 1578 Single-Core y 3861 Multi-Core.
iPhones have improved a lot in terms of battery life in recent generations. The iPhone 14 Plus is the iPhone with the most battery in history according to Appleso Hau differences with the iPhone 12 Pro. These are Apple’s official data for battery life in different conditions:
iPhone 14 Plus battery life
- video playback: up to 26 hours
- video streaming: up to 20 hours
- audio playback: up to 100 hours
iPhone 12 Pro Max battery life
- video playback: up to 20 hours
- video streaming: up to 12 hours
- audio playback: up to 80 hours
Despite the price increase of all iPhone 14, the iPhone 12 Pro Max cost more at the time than the iPhone 14 Plus costs, although now it can be obtained cheaper. These are the official starting pegs:
- iPhone 14 official price: 1.159 euros.
- iPhone 12 Pro official price: 1.259 euros.
Is it worth buying the iPhone 14 Plus if you have the iPhone 12 Pro Max?
If you have an iPhone 12 Pro Max you should know that you have a fantastic device that continues to perform very well. Mind you, if you switch to the iPhone 14 Plus you will get some interesting improvements. I would especially recommend switching to the iPhone 14 Plus if you want more batterysince it is one of the main differences between both models.
In addition, with the change you will earn a much better main camera, although you will lose some functions by not having a telephoto sensor. In terms of performance and display, you won’t find too many changes, although it is a small improvement.
Is it more advisable to buy the iPhone 14 Plus or the iPhone 12 Pro Max?
In case you are looking to buy a new iPhone, I always recommend opt for the most modern model, unless there are not too many changes. In this case, unless you find a very cheap iPhone 12 Pro Max, I would recommend buying with the iPhone 14 Plus. A more modern device, which has a better battery and a superior main camera.
This article suggests objective and independent products and services that may be of interest to readers. When the user makes a purchase through the specific links that appear in this news, iPadizate receives a commission. join up to iPadizate’s bargain channel to find out about the best deals before anyone else.
Source: iPadizate by ipadizate.com.
*The article has been translated based on the content of iPadizate by ipadizate.com. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!