After several months of testing, Apple has released the official version of the iOS 17 operating system. Before installing the update, we recommend making a backup copy.
The iOS 17 update can be downloaded and installed directly from the device. To do this, go to your phone’s Settings, go to General and Updates. Finally, you need to press Download and install. The second way is to connect the device to the computer, launch Finder, select iPhone from the list, then click General, select Check for Updates and accept.
List of compatible devices with iOS 17:
- iPhone SE 2nd generation and newer
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone XR
- iPhone 11
- iPhone 11 Pro
- iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPhone 12 Mini
- iPhone 12
- iPhone 12 Pro
- iPhone 12 Pro Max
- iPhone 13 Mini
- iPhone 13
- iPhone 13 Pro
- iPhone 13 Pro Max
- iPhone 14
- iPhone 14 Plus
- iPhone 14 Pro
- iPhone 14 Pro Max
- iPhone 15
- iPhone 15 Plus
- iPhone 15 Pro
- iPhone 15 Pro Max
iOS 17 brings big changes to the Phone, Messages, and FaceTime apps, giving you new ways to express yourself while communicating. Standby mode displays a full-screen view that presents various information in a clear format designed to be viewed from a distance when iPhone is in landscape orientation and connected to power. AirDrop makes it easy to share content and connect with people nearby, and adds NameDrop for sharing contacts. The improved keyboard allows you to enter text faster and easier. iOS 17 also includes updates to widgets, Safari, Music, AirPlay and more.
- Personalized contact posters let you customize how your information appears on the devices of other people you call.
- The Stickers for iMessage app brings all your stickers in one place, including Live Stickers, Memoji, Animoji, emoji stickers, and third-party sticker packs.
- You can create Live Stickers by extracting an object from a photo or video and applying styles such as Glossy, Puffy, Comic Book, or Stroke.
- Let Me Know automatically notifies a family member or friend when you’ve arrived safely, and can share helpful information if a delay occurs.
- With improved search, you can find news faster by combining search filters for people, keywords, and content types such as photos or links to find exactly what you’re looking for.
- Swiping right on any message bubble lets you reply directly to that message.
- Automatic removal of verification codes in the Messages app allows you to delete them after filling them out in other apps.
- When the other person doesn’t answer your FaceTime call, you can leave a video or audio message to say exactly what you want to say.
- The ability to use iPhone as a camera allows you to use FaceTime calls on Apple TV (Apple TV 4K 2nd generation or later).
- Reactions let you add 3D effects like hearts, balloons, confetti, and more to your video calls.
- Effects can be added using gestures.
- Video effects support adjusting studio light intensity and Portrait mode.
- A full-screen view that clearly displays various information such as clocks, photos, and widgets, designed to be visible from a distance when iPhone is in landscape orientation and connected to power—for example, on a bedside table, on a kitchen dresser, or on the desk.
- The clocks come in a variety of styles, such as Digital, Analog, Solar, Levitating, and World Clocks, and also include elements you can personalize, such as an accent color.
- Automatically blended photos can include your best shots or the contents of an album of your choice.
- Widgets display information visible from a distance, and smart stacks always present the right information at the right time.
- In night mode, clocks, photos and widgets are displayed with a red tint in low light conditions.
- Preferred view for individual MagSafe chargers remembers your preferences for every place you use your MagSafe charger, displaying the clock, photos or widgets you choose.
- Interactive widgets let you perform actions, such as marking reminders as completed, right within the widget – just tap on the Home screen, Lock screen, or in standby mode.
- You can place widgets from your iPhone on your Mac desktop.
- With NameDrop, you can exchange contact information with a new person by bringing two iPhones together.
- A new way to initiate an AirDrop transfer allows you to transfer content or start an AirDrop session by pinching iPhones together.
- Improved autocorrect provides greater accuracy and makes typing even easier using more advanced language models.
- Autocorrect is even easier to edit – temporarily underline corrected words so you can restore the original with one tap.
Safari and passwords:
- Profiles let you organize your browsing by topic (work and personal, for example), separating history, cookies, extensions, tab groups, and favorites.
- Improvements to Private Browsing mode include locking Private Browsing windows when you’re not using them, blocking known trackers from loading, and removing tracking parameters from URLs.
- Password and key sharing lets you create groups of passwords shared with trusted contacts, synced automatically when group members make changes.
- One-time verification codes you receive in Mail are automatically filled in Safari, so you can sign in without leaving your browser.
- SharePlay allows everyone to easily play and control music from Apple Music in the car.
- Smooth transitions between songs mute the current song and gradually increase the volume of the next one, so the music plays without interruption.
- The Smart AirPlay Device List makes it even easier to find the right AirPlay TV or speaker by organizing devices in order of importance based on your preferences.
- Suggested AirPlay device connections are proactively displayed as notifications, making it easier to connect to your preferred AirPlay devices. iPhone automatically connects to the most suitable AirPlay device, so enjoying your media is as simple as tapping the play button.
- Adaptive Sound is a new listening mode that dynamically combines Active Noise Cancellation with Contact Mode to adjust noise reduction to ambient conditions (AirPods Pro 2nd generation with firmware 6A300 or later).
- Personalized Volume automatically adjusts the volume of media playback based on ambient conditions and your listening preferences (AirPods Pro 2nd generation with firmware 6A300 or later).
- Call Detection lowers the media volume and improves the sound of people in front of you while reducing background noise (AirPods Pro 2nd generation with firmware 6A300 or later).
- Pressing the tip of the AirPods or Digital Crown of AirPods Max turns the microphone off or on during a call (AirPods 3rd generation, AirPods Pro 1st and 2nd generation, and AirPods Max with firmware 6A300 or later).
- Map Downloads lets you select the area you want to access (with the ability to search and view detailed information) to download and use when iPhone isn’t connected to a Wi-Fi or cellular network.
- Improved routes for electric vehicles take into account live availability of supported charging stations.
- The Mood feature allows you to reflect on how you are feeling. You can record your emotions at a given moment and your general feelings on a given day, select the factors that have the greatest impact on you and describe your feelings.
- Interactive charts give you insight into how you feel, how it changes over time, and what factors may influence it, such as exercise, sleep and mindfulness minutes.
- Mental health assessment questionnaires help you determine your current risk of depression and anxiety and help you find out whether you should seek help.
- Screen Distance uses the Face ID-enabled TrueDepth camera to encourage use at a greater distance from the eyes to reduce eye strain and the risk of myopia in children.
- Turning on sensitive content warnings helps protect you from unexpectedly seeing nude photos in Messages, AirDrop, contact posters in the Phone app, and FaceTime messages.
- Enhanced communication safety features for children detect both photos and videos containing nudity. Detection applies to photos and videos your child may receive or attempt to send in the Messages app, using AirDrop, in contact posters in the Phone app, in FaceTime messages, and in the system’s photo selection view.
- Extended sharing permissions give you even more control over what you share with apps. These include an embedded photo selection view and the permission to only add events to your calendar.
- Link Tracking Protection removes additional information from links shared in Messages, * Mail, and private browsing in Safari that some sites place in URLs to track you across other sites. These links still work as expected.
- Assisted Access mode simplifies the Phone, FaceTime, Messages, Camera, Photos and Music apps, leaving only the most essential features, enlarging text, offering visual alternatives and basic selection options to reduce cognitive load.
- Live Speech lets you type text to be spoken aloud during phone calls, FaceTime calls, and face-to-face conversations.
- Point and talk in discovery mode in the Magnifier app allows iPhone to read aloud text on physical objects with small labels, such as door signs and button descriptions on devices.
This version also includes other features and improvements:
- Recognize pets in the People album in the Photos app – just like you do with friends and family members.
- Ability to select a specific album to display in the Album widget of the Photos app.
- Sharing items in the Find app allows you to share your AirTag or Find network accessory with up to five other people.
- Activity history in the Home app displays a list of recent events for door locks, garage doors, security systems, and contact sensors.
- Embedded PDF files and scanned documents in Notes are displayed in full width, making them easy to view and mark up.
- New Memoji stickers on the keyboard, including a halo, an ironic smile, and a one-eyed look behind the hand.
- App shortcuts in the top Spotlight result let you take the next action when searching for an app.
- The redesigned Share tab in the Fitness app displays information about your friends’ activities, such as training streaks and rewards.
- Ability to sign in on iPhone using any email address or phone number associated with your Apple ID.
- New drawing tools in Freeform like fountain pen, watercolor, and ruler let you create more interesting boards.
- Accident detection has been optimized (iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Plus, iPhone 14 Pro, iPhone 14 Pro Max).
Source: Wiadomości z MyApple.pl by myapple.pl.
*The article has been translated based on the content of Wiadomości z MyApple.pl by myapple.pl. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!