A week has passed since the release of iOS 16.1 beta 1, and Apple has released the second beta, aimed at developers. As it was before, the programmers from Cupertino are gradually continuing to introduce new features that were not previously available with the first launch of iOS 16. Now it’s the turn – iOS 16.1 beta 2. To test the latest version of the operating system, you need to become a developer or get a beta profile. And now about everything in order: what innovations await users, how to install ios 16.1 beta 2and what difficulties you may encounter.
First, it is worth noting that after the release of the 16th version of the operating system, many owners of Apple devices, starting with the iPhone 8, faced a lot of bugs. Recently we made a whole collection iOS 16 issues, so be sure to check them out to find a solution. To say for sure whether Apple managed to fix all the errors to release of iOS 16.1 beta 2, while it is impossible, just as it is impossible to say with certainty about the innovations of today’s beta. In this regard, it is again necessary to proceed from what iOS 16 featuresshown during the presentation on September 7, have not yet been implemented.
New features in iOS 16.1 beta 2
So today’s build number is 20B5050f, and iOS update size is about 800 MB. According to Western insiders, it is focused on supporting technology clean energy charging and the Live Activities API. Here is a complete list of innovations that may be implemented already in iOS 16.1 beta 2:
- Live Activities. A set of features that allow you to display interactive information on the iPhone lock screen. For example, about the time of arrival at the end point of your taxi ride. The chip will be supported by third-party developers, and therefore the full set of options will be regularly updated.
- API Live Activities. Along with the live action technology itself, Apple is introducing an application programming interface for developers so that they can fully implement their ideas for live activities in their applications.
- Matter. A new standard for connecting to smart home devices, enabling automation scenarios with compatible accessories.
- iCloud Family Sharing. A feature that will allow you to create cloud storage for all family members so that you can quickly share and share photos.
- Charging clean energy. A technology that reduces your iPhone’s carbon footprint by optimizing the charging process using clean energy sources. More information is here.
Recall that this is a list of features not implemented by the time iOS 16.1 beta 1 was released inclusive. Probably some of them will appear in the second beta. But the exact information will be received only after the start of testing by the developers.
How to install iOS 16.1 beta 2
To install beta for testers, you need to get a developer account. And, although Apple regularly blocks the resources that host beta tester certificatewe saved it to Google Drive in advance, thanks to which you can be among the first to familiarize yourself with new features in iOS 16.1 beta 2:
- Go to link in google drive and download the developer certificate.
- Reboot your device.
- Open iPhone settings.
- Go to “General” and then “Software Update”.
- Wait for the update to finish downloading.
All activities related to beta tester profile, you perform at your own risk. For this reason, we do not recommend install iOS 16.1 beta 2if you are not confident in your own abilities. Otherwise, don’t forget to take care of creating a backup through the “iCloud” settings section so as not to lose important data during the smartphone update process.
Source: AppleInsider.ru — крупнейший сайт о iPhone, iPad, Mac в России by appleinsider.ru.
*The article has been translated based on the content of AppleInsider.ru — крупнейший сайт о iPhone, iPad, Mac в России by appleinsider.ru. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!