In the EU, 30% of citizens live in rented apartments

08.01.2022. / 16:42

BRUSSELS – Last year, 70% of the population in the EU lived in their homes, while the remaining 30% lived in rented apartments or houses, Eurostat reported.

Photo: Printscreen youtube

In Romania, most people live in their houses or apartments, as many as 96 percent of them, in Slovakia 92 percent, and in Hungary and Croatia 91 percent.

In all Member States except Germany, more homes are owned.

In the case of Germany, half of the population last year lived in a household that owns their own home, while the other half lived in rented property. The lowest number of house owners is in Austria (55%) and Denmark (59%).

In non-EU countries, Norway has more than 80 percent of the population living in their own home, while in Switzerland it is obrunto, more than 57 percent of Swiss people pay rent.


Source: Capital.ba – Informacija je capital by www.capital.ba.

*The article has been translated based on the content of Capital.ba – Informacija je capital by www.capital.ba. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!

*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.

*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!