Updates: 15.02.2021 11:29
Olomouc – A forty-five-year-old man shot his girlfriend’s son in Lošov near Olomouc after a previous fight on the street. The 24-year-old died on the spot. The suspect was immediately disarmed and detained by police. A man who has not been prosecuted in the past has been charged with murder and faces up to 18 years in prison. He ended up in custody, regional police spokesman Libor Hejtman informed ČTK today.
The tragedy in the Lošov part of Olomouc took place on Thursday evening, the police informed about it today. Police set out after the announcement of the brawl and the shooting between the two men. “Police officers of the emergency and escort department of the regional directorate reported within 16 minutes of receiving the announcement that they had disarmed and detained the suspect near the shooting site,” a police spokesman said.
According to initial information, the 45-year-old man quarreled with his girlfriend’s 24-year-old son after drinking alcohol. The dispute in the street turned into a physical clash, which the older man ended up shooting at a younger one, a police spokesman said. “Despite his quick arrival and the first aid provided by the emergency medical service, he died as a result of his injuries,” Hejtman specified. He added that the detainee was in possession of a firearms license and fired from a legally held short firearm. The motive for the attack was apparently due to a personal dispute.
This is the first completed murder in the Olomouc region this year. However, the first attempt at it was investigated by criminal investigators in the first half of January in Olomouc, where a 48-year-old woman stabbed her husband. A two-year-old man ended up in the care of doctors at the University Hospital in Olomouc. In January, police also investigated the death of a 24-year-old foreigner in Hranice in the Přerov region, but accused the same old man of serious injuries resulting in death. Last year, criminal investigators in the Olomouc Region investigated three murders and six attempted murders last year, all of which were clarified.
Source: České noviny – hlavní události by www.ceskenoviny.cz.
*The article has been translated based on the content of České noviny – hlavní události by www.ceskenoviny.cz. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!