Illegal holiday parties in Spain and France start to demobilize

The illegal New Year’s Eve party that took place since Thursday in the Rennes region of France was interrupted this morning, while another one in Barcelona, ​​Spain, continues, but with fewer participants.

According to the prefecture of the department of Ille-et-Vilaine, participants in the party, held in a hangar in the town of Lieuron, south of the city of Rennes (west), began to demobilize this morning.

The event brought together about 2,500 people despite the curfew being in force in France during New Year’s Eve due to a new outbreak of covid-19 that threatens the country.

“There was no police intervention,” said the city, adding that the agents, who control the access roads to the site, carried out control and summons operations on the participants.

In his official Twitter account, French Interior Minister Gérald Darmanin said that the “numerous security forces” at the scene and “the intensive checks led to the stop of the illegal party in Lieuron without violence”.

“We continue the checks and subpoena of each participant as soon as he leaves the place,” he added.

The city confirmed the “interruption of the sound” without ruling out the possibility of a restart of the music.

At least one sound system has been dismantled, he said.

The first demobilizations took place at 05:30 local time (04:30 in Lisbon), according to the city hall.

About half the car park was empty this morning, a reporter from the France Presse news agency (AFP) found.

Gérald Darmanin had called a meeting in Paris on Friday night with the mayor and members of his cabinet to analyze the measures to be taken to end the party.

On Thursday, the police tried unsuccessfully to prevent the event, but “faced violent hostility from many participants,” the city said.

During these clashes “one police vehicle was set on fire, three others were damaged and police officers were beaten with bottles and stones, resulting in minor injuries,” he added.

In Llinars del Vallès, on the outskirts of Barcelona, ​​a similar party continued this morning, although now with far fewer participants, which started around 9:00 pm on December 31 in an abandoned warehouse.

The police explained on Friday that they planned to take action if participants did not leave the premises of their own free will

A police source, quoted by the Efe news agency, said that a meeting would be held this morning to assess how and when to proceed with the eviction of the warehouse.

More than two hundred people of various nationalities participated in the event, which was denounced by neighbors and which, according to some sources, intends to continue until January 4th.

The police initially indicated that they did not want to use force to end the party “to avoid serious incidents”.

The people who started leaving the warehouse this morning were identified and complained of for participating in a prohibited party and without respecting the preventive measures in force in Spain in the context of the pandemic of covid-19.

Source: Futebol 365 – Notícias by

*The article has been translated based on the content of Futebol 365 – Notícias by If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!

*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.

*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!