Can we imagine a Greek building something on the Acropolis overnight. The citizens themselves would not even allow him to put a brick. This is what the director of the Museum of the City of Belgrade, Jelena Medaković, is asking News vividly describes “epidemic” of illegal construction on the first archeological site of the Vinča culture – Beli brdo.
Illustration (Photo: Pixabay.com)
In order to protect the archeological pearl from landslides and wastewater from the surrounding septic tanks, on which a century ago Miloje Vasić found traces of a highly developed, world-important culture of the late Stone Age, Last year, the Government of Serbia determined more than three million euros as a three-year capital investment (364,400,000 dinars). This ambitious project, which was supported by the US Ambassador’s Fund with half a million dollars, and whose goal is to one day create a significant research center on a global scale, as well as to inscribe the site on the UNESCO World Heritage List, is still facing different challenges.
And while on the one hand preparations for the expropriation process have begun – on the ground are appraisers, court experts, who will talk to citizens, determine the value of the first seven plots, to be bought by the state, which would stop the landslide – on the other, from direction of the Danube, new problems have emerged, he reveals, for News, Jelena Medaković, director of the Museum of the City of Belgrade, which includes the Belo brdo site.
– From earlier, along the coast, there were facilities, the number of which, unfortunately, increased during the state of emergency – the interlocutor continues. – They have an unused size and purpose, and some have surpassed residential buildings in their dimensions.
Referring to the Spatial Plan of the special purpose area of the archeological site Belo brdo in Vinča, the strategic document adopted in 2018 (after public discussion and public insight), which regulates the wider zone of this site, divided into three categories of protection, the director of the Belgrade City Museum points out:
– All these buildings are in the first, ie at the beginning of the second protection zone. The site should not be confused with the small number of plots on which the museum is currently working. Unfortunately, due to incorrect information, the citizens placed these facilities there, intervening on the coastal fortifications, in the area of the flood and water protection zone, but also devastating the archeological belt.
The archeological site is the property of the Republic of Serbia, a cultural asset of the highest degree, and in order for it to be adequately researched, planned and presented, the measures of its protection must be respected, believes Jelena Medaković.
– Can we imagine that some Greek, overnight, builds something on the Acropolis – the interlocutor wonders – The citizens themselves would not even allow him to put a brick. However, the citizens contacted us when those activities started during the state of emergency.
How is it News said in the office of the mayor of Grocka, Department for construction, urban and communal housing of this Belgrade municipality, on whose territory the site is located, did not issue approvals for the construction of facilities on cadastral parcels located on the banks of the Danube River in Vinča, which are included in the Spatial Plan of the special purpose area of the archeological site Belo brdo.
– Also, the procedures for resolving the request for legalization of buildings built on the cadastral parcel number 2691/6 and 2748 KO Vinča, which are located right on the coast, and which represent an archaeological site or are located in its protected zone – reads the statement forwarded to the editorial office. News. – The stated requests were sent to the competent organizations and managers of the public good, ie Republic Institute for the Protection of Cultural Monuments – Belgrade, JVP Beogradvode i JVP Srbijavode, for the purpose of giving consent. We are waiting for their statement.
As noted by the municipality of Grocka, the subject of legalization can only be objects that are visible on the satellite image, ie those that were built before November 28, 2015:
– For all possible performed works on the facilities after that date, and for which no approval was issued (which in specific cases could not be issued), the competent Secretariat for Inspection Affairs of the City of Belgrade, Department for Construction Inspection – it is concluded in the announcement.
The summer house, which was “nobody” on the museum plot during the state of emergency, after the decision of the republic inspection, the citizens decided to remove, as well as the pontoon erected “wildly”, without conditions and consent, which was privately owned and charged for services , says the director of the Museum of the City of Belgrade.
Source: Gradjevinarstvo.rs – VESTI by www.gradjevinarstvo.rs.
*The article has been translated based on the content of Gradjevinarstvo.rs – VESTI by www.gradjevinarstvo.rs. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!