IYI Party leader Meral Akşener answered the questions of the journalists with whom she evaluated the agenda.
Reminding that the IYI Party Trabzon Deputy Hüseyin Örs was injured in the fight that broke out during the budget negotiations in the Grand National Assembly of Turkey, Akşener stated that Örs was one of the “most naive” and conciliatory names of the party.
Noting that Örs was punched when he intervened to break up the fight, Akşener said, “There is a very shameful situation here. The puncher says he won’t apologize. You come and talk, you say you don’t think so. He doesn’t do it. Here, I see the government’s use of tension.” made its assessment.
“WE WILL PUT THREE PEOPLE AT THE SAME TIME”
To a question about election security, Akşener replied that 6 political parties would work for this. Akşener continued:
- They also attacked Kemal Bey. They took the man to the hills. His house had become a shrine. Then it turned out that the attacker is a cow thief. The situation in parliament is the same. Why is this tension happening? First, he is afraid of losing power.
- He hopes for help from tension and profanity. In terms of election security, this does not pose a problem. Because the six tables work together for election security. Instead of people who are unaware of each other, we will put maybe three people at the same time at the head of a ballot box.
- One of those three people is a lawyer. Six batches are working all the time. Each party shares its experience. Our attitude is also unified. This unity will protect the ballot boxes together and protect the votes together.
Stating that there is a 13,500 vote difference between the AK Party and CHP, which emerged in the local election results on March 31, 2019 in Istanbul, Akşener reminded that the difference increased to 805 thousand as a result of the renewal of the election.
Akşener explained that there was no discussion of “He was elected with my vote, he was elected with your vote” between the parties currently at the six-table and the focus was on establishing unity.
Akşener stated that when Ekrem İmamoğlu was nominated for the Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality Mayorship in 2019, the names of more well-known candidates within the CHP were mentioned, “I didn’t know either. I believed that our young friend would overthrow many preconceptions and judgments with his work.” used his statements.
- As a result, there can be no behavior that could jeopardize this choice. I believe that the 805 thousand difference that emerged after the cancellation of Istanbul is a very important learning area for everyone.
- AK Party, including Mr. Erdogan. Looking back, I wonder what Mr. Erdogan was thinking. It is one thing for a mayor to do his duty with a margin of 13,500 votes, it is another thing for a mayor who has scored 805 thousand to do his job.
- It is not right to make excessive noise now, it frightens the electorate. It will go to the door a little more, it will not scare. Because the psychology brought by that noise is flying. This time, that flying psychology brings the other side to ‘What are we doing’. It can consolidate the electorate of the AK Party.
“A BEAUTIFUL CAMPAIGN WAS CONDUCTED”
Meral Akşener, who stated that a very good campaign was carried out for the Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality in 2019, said, “I used to say, ‘If you work for it, you will get it’ for Istanbul. Istanbul was studied very carefully and with fine workmanship. The story of ‘Let me get ahead, write to me’ did not happen.” made its assessment.
“Is this applicable for the next elections as well?” Asked by Akşener, “Is it not adaptable, it can be adapted. This success story brings Turkey, it happens when it works”.
“NO ONE WILL IMPLEMENT ANYTHING ON THE CANDIDATE”
IYI Party Chairman Akşener stated that the six-table, parliamentary system is working as a roadmap.
Noting that the presidential candidate will adopt the main framework created by all parties from education to economy, from the judiciary to social policies, and that he will tell the public about the issues that the leaders have in common, Akşener said that the presidents will also ask for votes both for the candidate and for the election manifesto they create together, and that no one will impose on the candidate. Akşener continued:
- I am the only one at the table who witnessed the DYP-SHP, Anayol and Refahyol coalitions and knew the difficulties, benefits and how the problems were overcome. For a long time, a single party has been praising its power.
- But this one-party rule hurt the electorate. The electorate ceased to be a benefactor. We need the concept of competition in cooperation. It is not a building that steps on each other’s feet. I’m not a surprise person at that table. I am an open person.
- If a decision has been made, it is one thing to share, but if it has not been decided, it is better not to talk about it. I’m the one who talks the least about the table. At the table of six, proposals were discussed so that the party leaders could become the vice president, but there is no decision yet.
Reminding the statement of Felicity Party Chairman Temel Karamollaoğlu that “The President will govern Turkey with a co-ordination committee composed of the general presidents”, Akşener made the following assessment:
- I have an inference that ‘the presidents will be the deputy of the person to be elected president’. Nobody objects to this. But at the same time, the situation of general presidents being deputies is falling.
- What Temel Bey proposes is a kind of advisory board called ‘coordination’. But these things do not happen when you are not involved in the business. We have past experience. I am the only person in the Assembly who is not a member of the parliament. I am a president who has experienced this. It has its challenges, it has its benefits.
- When you say ‘coordination’, it can actually be like an indirect vice presidency because it is not written in the law. We didn’t talk about it for a long time, but I didn’t understand it that way. The reason for introducing the concept of co-ordination is not to override the agency. The de facto helper but the name is not.
“SOME VICTIMS SURVIVE, IF I LEFT FROM THE TABLE”
Reminding that there are statements such as “Akşener distributes the table”, Meral Akşener said:
- This is very interesting. It’s not like I’ve ever given a soft, ‘I wonder’ message. Then it’s very interesting if you look at those who are trying to create the ‘Anytime can go’ mentality here. They are many people who appear on the side of the opposition. ‘I wonder if we get on this woman’s nerves and get her up as soon as possible?’
- At the same time, is it an unwitting or unwitting resignation so that Tayyip Erdogan can consolidate his electorate in the meantime? Spin and spin, I’m invited, my party is invited.
- Every time I say ‘No’ too. In other words, there is no one who receives an invitation and says ‘No’ on this issue as much as I do. I am aware of everything, I am in Gülhane Park.
- There is an interesting situation there, I noticed something. There are many prejudices about us. They make sacrifices, so if I get up, some of them will leave that table.
“IF I START WORK, EVERYONE WILL BURN”
Akşener answered the question of “who is he talking about” on the subject and said, “I am talking about people trying to regulate the opposition. So is it intended to settle for something? I don’t know about them, I haven’t studied them yet. Look, if I start working, everyone will burn.” used his statements.
Claiming that intellectuals, opinion leaders and academic staff were among those who did not organize the opposition, Akşener noted that this surprised him.
Akşener stated that the six table was created to fulfill 3 tasks and said, “It was established for him. If it turns into an alliance later, it’s another thing, it’s not an alliance now. “His task is to move to a strengthened parliamentary system, to secure the election and to choose the candidate,” he said.
Akşener, on the question of the constitutional proposal for the headscarf, said, “I brought this issue to the table as a proposal that we should make a joint decision. Since we are walking on a common path, so Kemal made such an offer, the other friends said, ‘It would be very good’. In other words, the general presidents at the table said ‘Yes’, not just Davutoğlu. It was decided to see the content at that table. But I think it is right to take a joint decision. We will see inside, we will probably have a meeting in the form of ‘Let’s go to the kitchen’.
EARLY ELECTION EXPLANATION
Stating that the issue of early elections was never discussed at the six-party table, Akşener said, “We do not have a situation like ‘we want early elections, we do not want them’. I said, ‘If he is very curious, let the People’s Alliance decide for the election on Monday, we will announce our candidate on Tuesday.’ I said. This is to let you know that there is no problem there.” gave the answer.
“WE SHOULD GO WITH ONE CANDIDATOR”
IYI Party Chairman Meral Akşener stated that the way to move to a strengthened parliamentary system is to win.
Akşener said, “We made sacrifices as a party on March 31, but after the table was set, I renounced a right by saying ‘I will not be a presidential candidate’. We should go with one candidate. If I think about candidacy, I can’t say that. I say, ‘We should go with one candidate and win this person, this person should win.’ Whatever you name it, there is no implication.” used the phrases.
Source: Cumhuriyet Gazetesi – Gündem by www.cumhuriyet.com.tr.
*The article has been translated based on the content of Cumhuriyet Gazetesi – Gündem by www.cumhuriyet.com.tr. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!