I have a 10 month old boy and I want to give him up for adoption. Where can I go?

I have a 10 month old boy and I want to give him up for adoption. Where can I go?

Good Evening

I have a 10 month old baby boy. My living conditions are not suitable for a child. I can not support his growth. I want, because I believe, that this is the best and healthiest for the child, to find a couple or even a single parent family, who loves children, worthy and suitable, to adopt the child. I do not know anyone personally and I want to avoid the public process, because it will be harmful to the child. Can you help me, where could I go?

The lawyer Mrs. Daphne I. Siopi answers

First of all, it should be noted that adoption means the legal act by which the child is legally cut off from his natural-biological family and is fully legally part of the family of his adoptive parents. In order to adopt a minor, the following conditions must be met:

a) a person who adopts to be competent for a legal act, to have reached the age of thirty (30) and not to have exceeded sixty (60),

b) the difference between the adoptive parent and the minor child is greater than eighteen (18) years, but not more than fifty (50) years, a restriction that does not apply only in case a spouse wishes to adopt a child who is adopted or has already adopted by her husband,

c) the personal consent of both the natural parents or the guardian (in the absence of a parent) and of the prospective adoptive parent is required. The consent of the natural parents may not be given before the completion of three (3) months from the birth of the child,

d) it is required that there is no other adoptive parent, unless it is the spouse of the prospective adoptive parent.

In practice, adoptions fall into three broad categories, but in your case, as you want the process to be relatively quick you can attempt private adoption, in which prospective adoptive parents are the ones who come into contact with the adopted child (usually through a medical or gynecological center).

This process requires a relatively short period of time to complete and once the couple who wishes to adopt the child is found, the consent of the parents is needed. If you have the sole custody of the child due to his / her unmarried birth or if no voluntary or judicial recognition has taken place or if there is no father (unknown or deceased) then you can consent to the adoption of your child on your own without the approval of someone else.

The adoption of a minor must always be aimed primarily at the best interests of the child (1542 CC) and there must be, together with the consent of the natural parents, the consent of the adoptive parents. The adoption is always kept secret according to article 1559 of the Civil Code and only after his adulthood the child has the right to know the details of his real parents.

So in your case you can turn to an institution or gynecological center which will bring you in contact with a couple who wants to adopt or even with an individual who is not married and wants to adopt (as long as in this case it is judged from the court that the adoption of the minor from a single-parent family is entirely in the best interest of the child) and thus begin all the necessary procedures needed to achieve a lawful adoption.

Daphne I. Siopi
Lawyer LLM

Source: singleparent.gr

Source: διαφορετικό by www.diaforetiko.gr.

*The article has been translated based on the content of διαφορετικό by www.diaforetiko.gr. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!

*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.

*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!