2 days ago
How to Upgrade Windows 10 Home to Pro Using OEM Codes
Anyron Copeman | PCWorld
Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro gives you a total of 12 add-ons. These include BitLocker encryption software, Remote Desktop Connection, and a virtualization tool known as Hyper-V. Users will also receive enterprise-specific updates and device management controls. For more information, see the article ‘7 reasons to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro, which is “safer and more comfortable”.
Even if you’re thinking about updating to Windows 11 Pro, you’ll need to install Windows 10 Pro first. Microsoft only supports free upgrades if you’re upgrading from Windows 10 to an equivalent version of Windows 11. Microsoft StoreYou can get Windows 10 Pro for about $275 at . This method uses the OEM code, which is the easiest way to update your PC or laptop.
There are a few things you need to do ahead of time to get a smooth upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro using OEM codes. First, you need to make sure that Windows 10 Home is running under a digital license. Click Settings>Update & Security>Enable.
You should then turn off any background processes that may be interfering with the upgrade process. Press ‘Windows Key + X’ to open the Task Manager window. Place the cursor on the background process item displayed in the ‘Processes’ tab, right-click and click ‘End Task’. Finally, reboot your PC and you’re ready to install.
Here’s how to upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro using an OEM code.
- Click Settings > Upgrade & Security > Activation.
- Disconnect from the Internet and go offline.
- Click Settings > Activation > Change Product Key.
- Enter the official Microsoft RTM code ‘VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T’ and proceed to the next step. This license is only used during the upgrade process to the Pro version and does not directly activate the Pro version.
- After clicking ‘Start’, the PC will automatically reboot when the operation is complete.
- Manually a second reboot to make sure the operation is complete.
- Re-enable your internet connection.
- Copy the official Windows 10 Pro product key from the email.
- Go back to the Settings app and click ‘Change Product Key’ in the Activation section. Paste the copied product key to activate your pro license. [email protected]
Source: ITWorld Korea by www.itworld.co.kr.
*The article has been translated based on the content of ITWorld Korea by www.itworld.co.kr. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!