When the tractor is put out of use for several months in the winter, it is recommended that protective measures be taken to prevent any damage to the tractor while standing. Here’s what to look out for.
When canning the tractor must be absolutely correct, and if that is not the case, it should first be brought to the correct condition and only then then proceed to canning. Be sure to place the canned tractor where it will be protected from sun, moisture, temperature changes and other atmospheric influences.
During the process of preserving the tractor should be follow the constructor’s instructions, and the procedure for most tractors is as follows:
1. Good wash and clean tractor outside (hot water, oil or kerosene).
2. Switch on the tractor to work while the oil does not heat up, while the engine is running, drain the precipitate from the compressed air purifier, stop the engine and drain the oil from the crankcase. Install a new oil filter.
3. In the engine sump pour in canning oil (SAE 10,20 or 30, depending on the temperature that will prevail while the tractor is stationary).
4. Drain the water from the radiator and cylinder block and rinse them until clear water begins to flow. Then start the engine to run for a few seconds until all the water has drained from the water pump and make new oil lubricated all engine parts. When the engine stops let go a little to drain all the water from the radiator and engine block, then close the water taps. Drain the condensed water precipitate from the air tank.
5. Remove the syringes and pour evenly into the cylinders about 2 dl of engine oil. Remove the suction hose from the compressor cylinder head and pour into the suction valve opening 10 drops of engine oil. Insert the injectors (do not fasten them), then turn the crankshaft with the wrench several times slowly, and then attach the syringes.
6. Remove the complete air purifier and the rubber connecting pipe of the purifier and suction pipe and wash them. Remove the muffler and clean it. Paste with an impermeable patch (or duct tape) open the intake and exhaust pipes of the engine as well as the intake port of the compressor.
7. Remove the batteries and store them according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Clean and coat the terminals with technical Vaseline.
8. Fill the tank with fuel to the top so as not to rust from moisture.
9. Drain oil from: gearbox housing, differential, side gearboxes, pulley and hydraulics and all of the above pour new oil.
10. Grease with technical grease instrument frames so as not to corrode. Lubricate with technical grease all places intended for lubrication with a tekalemite pump (clean from old grease and lubricate with new): lubricators, front wheel bearings, tractor lever joints, threads, pulleys and all other places which could corrode.
11. Raise the tractor on wooden pads so that the tires do not carry the load, the air in the tires remains at the recommended pressure. Make sure that the tires are not dirty with grease or fuel and not to be in the sun.
12. Release the parking brake, set the transmission to “idle” and cover the tractor with a tarpaulin.
13. Every 15 days turn the key slightly crankshaft to detach and lubricate the engine, turn the toč turn wheels at the same time.
The tractor prepared in this way can be stored for up to 6 months without any problems. Before putting the tractor into operation in the spring, the tractor should be deconserved.
Author: Vladica Gavrilović, PSSS Negotin
Source: Agromedia by www.agromedia.rs.
*The article has been translated based on the content of Agromedia by www.agromedia.rs. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!