Relocation requires a lot of time and commitment, so it can be quite cramped. If you are one of those who will be moving soon, you are aware that many additional obligations await you. Good organization and a precise relocation plan are half the job and greatly alleviate the stressful period that awaits you. So, arm yourself with patience and start organizing the move.
- Specify the relocation date – If you can choose a date, make sure the weather is nice. Follow the weather forecast, rain, ice, snow additionally complicate the work, both due to bad conditions on the road, and to the workers on loading and unloading.
- Transportation rental – you arrange for transportation on time. Contact relocation companies and in agreement with them, match what type of vehicle you need. If you are moving a complete household, you will need a truck. Find out about the size of the truck that will move, whether all the furniture will fit, whether the complete relocation will be done in one or more rounds. If you do not have furniture, van transport would be a better and cheaper option for you.
- Workforce organization – if you have relatives and friends willing to help inform them in time about the exact day of moving, you do not want to be left without help on the day of moving and to look for a replacement at that time. But if you do not want to burden them with your move, you can always agree with the relocation agency and workers who do the unloading and loading.
- Packaging preparation – estimate approximately how long it will take you to pack everything, you don’t want to pack too early, so when you need something, take it out again and look for it in boxes. But don’t wait for the last day, you will only have extra nervousness. Think carefully about how you will organize the packaging.
- Procurement of packaging materials – provide everything necessary for packing things on time. Boxes, bags, stretch film, crackling film, scissors, marker, papers, adhesive tape. Styrofoam…
- Organizing packaging – most people do the packaging themselves, but if for some reason you are not able to do everything yourself and you can hire an agency for that. It is best to inquire where you rent transportation, whether they offer loading / unloading services, and packaging of things, so make an agreement with them
- Get rid of excess – Moving can actually be a great time to get rid of all those things that you have kept for years in the hope that you might need them someday. If those things are preserved, you can sell them or give them as a gift to someone, in return.
- Box organization – write what is in each box, you can paste a short list of things that are in it. Use markers to mark which room the boxes are from (eg blue for the bathroom, green for the living room, yellow for the bedroom, orange for the kitchen), you can mark the boxes with the red marker that contain more fragile and fragile items. This box marking will make it much easier for you to find things and arrange them in your new home.
- What to pack first – books, paintings, mirrors and all small decorations should be first on the list. Carpets and curtains could be next, When packing carpets, roll them up and stick them with adhesive tape so that they do not unravel. You can put curtains in a vacuum bag.
- Clothing packaging – start wearing clothes that are not relevant for the season in which you are moving. If it’s summer, pack winter stuff first and vice versa. The same goes for shoes. You can also use vacuum bags for packing clothes, which take up much less space.
- Dishwashing – when packing dishes take care of fragile items. Place cardboard between the plates and wrap the cups in paper or crackling foil. Before you put them in the box, additionally strengthen the bottom of the box with adhesive tape so that it does not open accidentally, and don’t forget to mark that the contents are fragile.
- Packaging technique – defrost the fridge and freezer a few days before moving, empty them of residual water and clean them. Seal the doors of the oven, dishwasher, refrigerator, freezer with adhesive tape so that it does not accidentally open and damage or injure someone during transport. If possible, remove the cables from all larger appliances, if not wrap them and tape them.
- Large furniture – wall shelves, unscrew the hanging elements, wrap them in stretch foil so that they are not damaged during transport. If you have glass elements (shelves, tables), line them with styrofoam. Seal drawers and cabinet doors with adhesive tape to prevent them from opening during transport. Wrap the mattresses in foil to protect them from dirt and dust.
In the end, when you have finished everything, you pack the things you have been using for the last few days, since you will probably need the first few days in your new apartment. Keep a couple of hours, a few plates, hygiene products and a few pieces of clothing at hand. You can also transport this box or travel bag with your car. What can still fit in the car is a box with important documentation and valuables.
With good organization and a professional moving agency, the job will be completed quickly and painlessly, which will leave you much more time to plan a moving-in party.
Source: Portal o ekonomiji by www.economy.rs.
*The article has been translated based on the content of Portal o ekonomiji by www.economy.rs. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!