When you go to work in the morning, the smell of beans and falafel comes from restaurants, and you can hardly complete a few steps until your nose catches the smell of moussaka, which the bean and falafel shops are so good at making as the main meal on the Egyptian breakfast table.
Moussaka with minced meat is a popular dish in Egyptian cuisine. It consists of eggplant, fried peppers, melted tomato sauce and minced meat, which the Egyptian citizen considers to be one of the foods closest to his heart.
Ingredients for making moussaka with minced meat
- A kilo of turkey eggplant.
- 1/2 kilo green pepper
- 1/2 kilo minced meat
- 1/4 kilo tomato
- 2 minced onions
- 2 tablespoons
- Ghee, salt, black pepper and hot sauce to taste, oil for frying the eggplant
Steps for making moussaka with minced meat
- We take the eggplant moussaka, peel and cut them into slices, sprinkle with salt and fry in oil until golden brown.
- We bring the onions and cut them into small pieces and fry them in oil until golden brown, then add the minced meat and stir with the onions and oil.
- We bring the sweet pepper and cut it into small pieces, bring the tomatoes and cut them into small square pieces, then add the sweet pepper and tomatoes to the meat, stir and leave it on a low heat until it is completely cooked, then add the salt and spices.
- We prepare the fried eggplant, put half of the quantity in the tray in an orderly manner, then put the meat mixture with onions, peppers and tomatoes on top of it until a layer forms, then put the rest of the eggplant on top of the meat.
- Put the sauce in the water and stir it, then put it on the eggplant while it boils, then put the tray in the oven until it takes on the golden browning.
- Serve hot minced meat moussaka with fresh Arabic bread and some cold salads such as cucumber salad with yogurt.
Source: مصر فايف by misr5.com.
*The article has been translated based on the content of مصر فايف by misr5.com. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!