A good taste of salted butter, a crispy texture, a round shape and a little thick … the Breton puck is unmatched in the small world of cookies to bring sweetness to the snack. Want to make them yourself? We took our grandma’s recipe from Pont-Aven.
The basic recipe for Breton palets
The ingredients for about twenty pucks
- 185 g flour
- 110 g sugar
- 70 g of soft, unsalted butter
- 75 g of soft semi-salted butter
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 tbsp. 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- Work the soft butters and the sugar in a salad bowl.
- When the mixture is perfectly creamy, add the yolks and whisk again to obtain a very smooth texture.
- Gradually incorporate the sifted flour with the yeast to obtain a homogeneous dough.
- Form a disc of dough and place it in the refrigerator for 3 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 150 ° C (th. 5). Spread the dough 1 cm thick on the floured work surface.
- Cut out discs using a round cookie cutter 5 cm in diameter and place everything on a baking sheet covered with baking paper.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes until the top of the puck is golden.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely in the cookie cutters on a cold surface before unmolding.
Tips for success
- The only requirement for successful Breton pucks : have cookie cutters. Because these shortbread must be maintained during cooking to be able to take their form of thick discs. Otherwise, they would spread out.
- The pucks are very crumbly while they are still hot. They must therefore be allowed to cool before wanting to unmold them.
- Good to know: Breton pastry cutters are available in specialty pastry shops or on the Internet.
How to revisit your Breton pucks
Vanilla pucks : add the seeds of 1/2 vanilla pod to the dough.
Coffee pucks : add 1 tsp. coffee soluble to the paste, when working the butter with the sugar and egg yolks.
Coco pallets : garnish the dough with 1 to 2 tbsp. grated coconut.
Chocolate pucks : add 50 g of dark chocolate cut into very small pieces to the dough, at the same time as the flour.
Gluten-free palettes : replace wheat flour with the same amount of rice flour. This flour is difficult to work with but, since the dough is baked in cookie cutters, the pucks will be well formed.
In video: 5 things to know about butter
Read also :
Subscribe to the Top Santé Newsletter to receive the latest news for free
Source: Topsante.com by www.topsante.com.
*The article has been translated based on the content of Topsante.com by www.topsante.com. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!