How to grow garlic at home
Growing garlic indoors Garlic is a monocotyledonous herbaceous plant. It is a bulbous plant that grows in temperate climates. One of the famous plants that grow in all countries of the world. Garlic from the foot is used in cooking and medicine, how to grow garlic at home.
What is garlic
Garlic is one of the plants that belong to the garlic family, and it is one of the oldest plants known to man. It is also one of the plants mentioned in the Holy Quran. It also contains many important nutrients, as it provides the body with all the necessary components because it contains sulfur, phosphorous and potassium, and it also has a taste that makes it unique, as it is characterized by its hot taste and distinctive aroma, it is used in many cosmetics and is also used in many foods . That is why we will show you easy and economical ways to learn how to grow at home. There are many types of garlic, and throughout the article we will learn about all types of garlic.
Types of garlic
The benefits of garlic
Garlic has many benefits that should be known and well known, and we will include them in the following lines of the article and present all the benefits of garlic in detail.
- Through garlic, the excess fat that has accumulated in the body is eliminated.
- Garlic prevents certain clots, such as those that affect the arteries, and therefore eating it maintains heart health.
- Works to protect skin and hair.
- Garlic plays a great role in the digestion process, as it works to prevent all disorders that affect the digestive system.
- Protects the body from cancer, and prevents the spread of cancer cells in the body.
- Protects the body from infection with some diseases related to the respiratory system, such as coughing.
- Pregnant or breastfeeding women should avoid it.
- This garlic should not be taken by people who suffer from diabetes, stomach ailments, or high blood pressure.
Things to follow when growing garlic at home
- Garlic should be purchased from any place that promises a nursery, and it is not favored by greengrocers because its source is unknown.
- Planting time in spring or fall, preferably in February-March.
- Choose suitable soil that gets full sun, dig the soil to the proper depth and use an appropriate organic or natural fertilizer.
- The grains are divided into separate lobes, unpeeled, and placed on top, not below.
- Remove weeds that may harm the crop.
- The best types of bulbs are stored for use in the next season.
How to grow garlic at home
The first way
- When planting garlic, the right time to plant garlic is chosen, i.e. during spring or autumn.
- Choosing the right place to get the right land for growing garlic.
- The soil is primed and prepared, during which all suspended matter in the soil is removed.
- The soil is well ventilated so that the necessary sunlight reaches it.
- After the reform, the soil is provided with the necessary natural fertilizer, which is eggshell after grinding it well.
- A medium-sized clove is chosen away from those soft cloves, because they are unsuitable for cultivation and are not suitable and cause damage to the crop.
- After that, the selected chapters must be cut to suitable sizes, being careful not to damage them, because if an error occurs, it does not cause growth.
- Garlic cuttings are planted in the ground, taking care to leave suitable distances between each other.
- The soil is protected by covering it with leaves, dry straw and manure as well, trying to conserve the soil.
- The soil is fully equipped with all the necessary fertilizers and it is preferable to avoid chemical fertilizers and use natural fertilizers.
- The soil is sprayed on a daily basis, taking care to spray it deeply once a week at most, because too much water can cause damage.
- Cleaning the land from any kind of insects by making a high fence around the land, or by distributing suitable sawdust around the crops, or by placing hot peppers around the land to protect it from any kind of insects that may harm the land.
- In the event that these green stems appear, they must be removed quickly and something suitable should be placed in your hands so that the smell of garlic does not reach your hands.
- In the event that the stems turn yellow, then the garlic is harvested, and if planting begins during the spring, then the harvest is done during the summer, and if it is autumn, the harvest is done at the end of the season.
Learn more about: Does garlic raise blood pressure? How to lower blood pressure with garlic
The second way
Tools needed to grow the right amount of garlic at home
- cloves and garlic.
- Suitable pot for growing.
- Water is suitable for watering garlic.
- Fertile soil suitable for growing garlic.
- scissors or fork.
Steps to grow garlic at home, following five steps
- Take a suitable large clove of garlic and separate the cloves from each other without removing the peel.
- The grains are planted in a large pot with the soil in it, keeping in mind that the head of garlic is facing up.
- The pot is placed in a suitable place with exposure to a place with adequate ventilation and sunlight.
- Garlic is watered daily until the visible stalks turn from green to yellow.
- After the stems are turned over, the garlic, after having been cultivated for about eight months, is then harvested and the wort set in place until the drying process of the grain to be used is finished.
The third method
Tools needed to grow garlic
- A sharp or short knife.
- Big plastic bottle.
- Sand, formed soil, or loamy soil, depending on what one has.
- With the knife used, incisions are made all over the bottle in order to get the mantis out of it.
- Suitable and good garlic grains are brought and separated from each other.
- Put in a quantity of soil, then put in cloves of garlic, and continue layering with cloves of garlic.
- Water is placed in an appropriate amount so that it reaches all layers of the soil.
- After about a month, the green legs begin to appear, and the growth treatment continues with exposure to the sun and good ventilation.
- If yellow stalks appear, the picking is done and the beans are left in the sun to complete the drying process.
At the end of this article, we will learn about garlic, its types, and its benefits. In this article, we also discussed the things that must be taken into account when growing garlic at home, and then presented in detail the ways to grow garlic. at home.
Source: موجز مصر by www.mogazmasr.com.
*The article has been translated based on the content of موجز مصر by www.mogazmasr.com. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!