When you start to be 50 or older, you need to be more careful about what you eat. That’s what we think, but is there a stern, a nutritionist Ulla Kärkkäinen?
– There is no single model for eating the middle-aged. Most have no need to guard or restrict eating, Kärkkäinen states. You can find a diet that suits you by experimenting.
– What works for a co-worker or a blogger may not be your thing. And no superfoods are needed. You can do with regular basic food. When you eat a variety of foods, you get everything you need.
Content continues after ad
Get the muscles, you get leeway
Menopause, of course, affects the metabolism of women, but nothing the same slowdown happens to everyone – contrary to popular belief.
The content continues below the ad
It is affected by, among other things, how much movement and how much meat there is.
Muscle mass decreases in those aged 50 and over by an average of one percent per year, and development has begun several years earlier.
However, the downward curve can be reversed by actively exercising. It pays off because muscles consume energy better than adipose tissue.
The eternal dieter is in trouble
Their own special group are perpetual dieters who have lost a pound or even more of their own weight in their lifetime. Their body composition has changed and their metabolism is not working as well as it could.
The body responds to decreasing doses of food by slowing down the metabolism.
– When the diet ends, the body diligently recovers energy, preparing to not get enough food again next week. In this way, the proportion of adipose tissue increases and the metabolism suffers.
Reject prohibitions, eat enough
In the experience of a nutritionist, many middle-aged women actually eat too little.
In the hope of a narrower waist, weeding is done in small portions and the number of meals is reduced.
For some, the list of banned foods just seems to be getting longer.
Here’s what goes wrong:
What is forbidden is starting to attract even more.
Constantly watching for food increases stress, although food should be a happy thing.
– My advice is to completely forget about weight loss regimens and dare to eat enough and regular regular food. The waist also starts to narrow when the basics are in order.
One-day or week-long food choices do not matter much to health.
– It’s not very bad if one day you don’t reach the five-handed vegetable goal or you don’t have two fish meals in a week. The whole thing is crucial in the long run.
Expert: Ulla Kärkkäinen, nutrition therapist, PhD, in psychotherapy training, well-being in the BITE fork.
This article has appeared in Good Health magazine. As a subscriber, you can read all numbers free of charge from the digilehdet.fi service
Source: Hyvä Terveys by www.hyvaterveys.fi.
*The article has been translated based on the content of Hyvä Terveys by www.hyvaterveys.fi. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!