Washing the dishes is awful. It’s the kind of work that never ends – almost every time we eat or drink, we do something dirty. Fortunately, a woman named Josephine Cochrane, who was very worried about the fact that fancy porcelain might break if washed by hand, took action and invented the first dishwasher.
It has been more than 100 years since Cochrane revolutionized kitchen cleaning. Now, after placing the dirty dishes inside, all we have to do is put a little detergent in the soap dish and press “start”.
And although this invention saves us time, we still need detergent. But if we make our own dishwasher tablets, we will save some money. It is easy and economical.
– 1 cup baking soda
– 1/4 cup citric acid
– 1 tablespoon of liquid dish detergent of your choice
– Silicone ice cube trays
– Airtight jar for storage
Method of preparation
1. First add the baking soda to a large bowl.
2. Then add 1/4 cup citric acid and a tablespoon of dishwashing liquid.
3. Mix well using a wire or even our hands.
4. Press the mixture into the molds of the silicone ice pack.
5. Immediately after, wait for 10 minutes and flatten the surface with your hand. At first, they will swell a little, but once we straighten them, they will stop swelling.
6. Allow the mixture to sit for at least 4 hours or overnight preferably. The tablets will harden like the ones we find on the market.
With information from iatropedia.gr
Source: Εναλλακτική Δράση by enallaktikidrasi.com.
*The article has been translated based on the content of Εναλλακτική Δράση by enallaktikidrasi.com. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!