In addition to contributing to ecology in the form of reducing environmental pollution, solar systems on the roofs of buildings contribute to significant savings through the use of electricity and heat. As Nikola Šakan from the company Telefon inženjering from Zemun says for eKapija, the interest of individuals and the economy in solar energy is surprisingly high:
– People are becoming more and more aware and realize the personal and general benefits from the production of solar energy, so, therefore, the demand for solar systems and power plants is constantly increasing. In the initial stages of development of the solar energy market, it was mainly used to cover the consumption of basic devices (lighting, TV, telephone, refrigerator) in conditions when there is no possibility of connection to the electricity grid, e.g. in cottages, while at present the application of solar energy is almost unlimited.
Off-grid and on-grid solar systems
The company offers off-grid and on-grid solar systems. The former are used in facilities that are far from the electricity distribution network, such as cottages, farms, boats and the like, while the latter are used for commercial purposes in order to produce and sell electricity.
According to Shakan, in the initial years of the company’s business, the demand for off-grid solar systems dominated, since this area was still unknown in Serbia and people decided on this option more out of necessity, due to the unavailability of the electricity network. He adds that since then, significant technical progress has been made and the prices of equipment and devices have fallen.
– It is much easier for people to decide to invest in solar panels, primarily in order to achieve savings, not only for commercial facilities, but also for households and other purposes. Specifically, at the very beginning, solar panels were around 200W and cost around 1,000 EUR, while now Halfcut monocrystalline solar panels with power up to 600W are used, much higher efficiency and significantly more affordable prices – states the interlocutor of eKapija.
In on-grid systems, the appropriate solar system is defined on the basis of the customer’s current electricity consumption and what percentage of consumption he wants to solve taking into account the available budget.
– Based on previous experience, with on-grid systems, customers have usually opted for systems whose production does not exceed existing consumption. In this way, the completely produced energy is distributed to consumers – explains Shakan.
He adds that the off-grid system has a similar story, except that it may be about the non-existence of a connection to the electricity network or about the planned complete disconnection from it.
– Here it is necessary to pay attention to the winter period, which is characterized by a reduced intensity of solar radiation, so the production of electricity is lower. For the winter period, it is necessary to provide an additional source of electricity in the form of aggregates or wind generators – he points out.
The design and construction of solar power plants in this company is done on a turnkey basis. This means that the interested party presents its factual situation and requirements, and that the Telephone Engineering team develops an appropriate project.
– It is necessary for the client to state his current consumption, which he wants to “solve” all consumers through solar, whether it is intensive daily or seasonal consumption, as well as the budget that he is ready to set aside. It is important to distinguish whether these are on-grid systems that are installed for households or businesses primarily to achieve savings, or are off-grid systems that can be used on cottages, boats, street lighting, for irrigation of crops , and also in the economy and households – explains Shakan, noting that
everything takes place with constant communication with the client and his full consent.
He adds that the development of a turnkey system implies a complete job from sizing the system to connecting and putting it into operation.
Technical conditions for installation of solar systems and expected savings
When it comes to technical preconditions for installing solar systems, the interlocutor of our portal says that it is important that there is an appropriate roof or land area that will be sufficient for the installation of a solar system of a certain size. It is also important that the roof can withstand the weight of the installation and that there are no physical obstacles that will create shade on the solar panels.
– Since we are located in the northern hemisphere, solar panels reach the maximum of production by orientation to the south, and other positions from east to west are also acceptable, while the north is avoided. In situations when the panels are facing east or west, production will be reduced by about 10% compared to when they are placed facing south – says Shakan.
When talking about the expected savings, it must be borne in mind whether the solar system is dimensioned to meet all or part of electricity consumption, says Nikola Šakan:
– Specifically, a 5-10kW solar power plant can cover the annual consumption of the average household in Serbia. A very important factor is the intensity of sunlight, on which the amount of energy produced will depend, which will cover the consumption of the device. Serbia has a very good predisposition for the installation of solar systems, given that the intensity of solar radiation is more than 1,300 kWh per m2 per year.
E2 portal (eKapija)
Source: E2 Portal by www.e2.rs.
*The article has been translated based on the content of E2 Portal by www.e2.rs. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!