Dehydration of the lips as a result of wind and cold causes bothersome and painful cracks, which sometimes include bleeding, and may even cause, in the absence of treatment, an outbreak of herpes on the lip. In addition, in the long run, dryness and lack of lip care cause them to age and wrinkle the skin around them. What are the causes of lip sensitivity in winter?
Cold and dryness: The winter weather causes dehydration of the facial skin, especially in the lip area. The lips have a very thin protective layer, and they are not protected like other areas of our body, so this area tends to dry out, wrinkle and lose its elasticity earlier than other areas of the body. Due to the dry weather and strong winds, the thin protective layer of the lips becomes even more sensitive and thin.
Staying in enclosed and air-conditioned spaces: Such a stay increases the feeling of dryness in the face of the lack of ventilation that exists in enclosed spaces, and also because we usually turn on an air conditioner that lowers the humidity in the air and emits a warm wind that dries the air even more.
Medical skin treatments: Many young people take advantage of the winter period to treat acne with pills that cause considerable dryness. Especially in these cases it is important to make sure to apply moisturizing lipstick very often.
Sun damage, even in winter: Although we sometimes do not feel strong sun due to the low temperatures and the layer of clouds, the winter sun’s radiation penetrates the clouds and in snowy places is even reflected as a reflection from the bright snow.
This is how you will protect your lips in the winter
1. Avoid licking the lips: It is almost an instinct to moisten the lips with the tongue, but it is one of the habits that aggravates the dryness of the lips. In order to restore the natural moisture and soft touch to the lips, products designed for this purpose must be used.
2. Drink plenty of water: Drinking plenty of water is necessary not only to prevent dehydration, but also to help maintain facial skin and lips.
3. Maintain moisture: It is recommended to use a moisturizing lipstick on a regular basis.
4. Treat when needed: When a targeted treatment for dryness is needed, it is recommended to use a product that is suitable for this problem, and not regular lipsticks that only provide moisture. The products that meet the problem of dryness usually come in the form of ointments, and their purpose, among other things, is to soothe the redness that has formed.
5. Replace a mask: Using a mask during the corona period causes our lips to experience more heat than usual, leading to dryness and cracks. It is therefore advisable to change a mask on a daily basis and even twice a day as well as wash the mask frequently to prevent bacterial buildup.
Blistex SPF10 therapeutic ointment.
A clear moisturizing lipstick changes the color of Beautician.
Source: Maariv.co.il – סגנון-לייף סטייל by www.maariv.co.il.
*The article has been translated based on the content of Maariv.co.il – סגנון-לייף סטייל by www.maariv.co.il. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!