Do you own a business, restaurant, bar, or any other business and are not yet on Google or Google Maps? We have prepared a short guide for you on how to put your business on Google so that as many potential customers as possible reach you.
Having a business on Google – be it a restaurant or a simple home hair salon, is important, because in this way we reach a larger number of customers, connect with others and, in the end, make a significant contribution to the success of the business.
On top of all that, we immediately become more legitimate and visible, especially if we show up at Google Maps.
Let’s see how we can add our company to Google and edit the Google “business” page in our own way.
How do I add a business to Google?
We need to remind you that the sequence of steps can vary, depending on what exactly we choose at each step and what type of business page we create.
- We open the Google page first My Business and log in to your business account. Or create a Google Account for your business on the page Google sign-in, where we select “Create account”.
- On the My Business home page, select “Manage now” and then in the next window we enter the name of the company or. the business we enter. In the drop-down menu below the search bar, select “Create a business with this name”. *If the company name and address already appear in the drop-down menu, it means that the company is already in the system and all you have to do is mark the company as your own – if so, then select this option and follow the instructions.
- Enter on the next page “Business name” in “Business category” (e.g. restaurant, retailer, hairdresser, etc.). Then select “Next”. We will be able to add additional categories below. *You can see an example below.
- The next thing we need to choose is whether we want our location to appear on Google Maps. For example, if we are adding a restaurant or anything else that is publicly available, then an appearance on Google Maps is definitely very welcome. However, if we only add some small private business that we run from home, it is probably better to keep the location data to ourselves. Then we choose “Yes” but “No” control “Next”.
- If we decide to be present on Google Maps, then the next window will ask us for the address. However, if we decide to keep the exact location to ourselves, then a question will appear in the next window where we enter the business area. There we fill in the relevant information and select “Next”.
- The next step is to enter the phone number and website that is tied to our company and then click “Next”. If by chance we do not have a website yet, by clicking on “Get a free website based on your info” we can ask Google to automatically create a website for us.
- On the next page, we decide and choose whether we want Google Business to send us updates and recommendations for our business, finally we choose “Next”.
- If we choose not to enter an address, we will need to enter a personal email address to confirm the existence of the business. This email address will not be visible to the public. So, we enter the address and click “Next”, or select an option “Verify later”, which postpones the verification process.
- We click on the drop-down menu in which we select the method of company verification. The set of verification methods depends on the type of company. For example, you may only be shown an option “Postcard by mail”. Here are all the verification methods on Google: via email, by phone, by mail.
- The next step consists of a series of Google My Business page settings. We can add business hours information, communication options settings, write a short description, upload photos, and take out $ 100 of advertising credit using the Google Ads platform.
- When we add all this information, we get to the Google My Business account, where we can add some more information, such as the company logo and, say, the co-founders.
Important: Some business profile update features may be different from Google Maps than Google Search, and may vary by operating system. If you want your business information on Google to be accurate and up-to-date, you can edit your business profile on Google. To help potential customers find you and learn more about your business, you can change information such as address, business hours, contact information, and photos.
You can also edit the data before checking the company. Changes may include name, category, address, business hours, phone number, and website. Once approved, these changes can be posted before the business is verified in Google Search and Maps. Some business owners may still need to check their business before they can edit their information.
Source: Računalništvo, telefonija – Računalniške novice by racunalniske-novice.com.
*The article has been translated based on the content of Računalništvo, telefonija – Računalniške novice by racunalniske-novice.com. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!