When we think of the symptoms of prostate cancer, it is mostly pain, urination complaints that come to mind, but dr. István Rákász, specialist of the Urological Center explains how it is possible that in some cases back pain may also indicate this.
Back pain is never the only symptom of prostate cancer
– It’s important to know that it can be association between back pain and prostate cancer, but this is never the only sign of the disease – emphasizes dr. István Rákász, urologist of the Urological Center. – The connection may be that in advanced prostate cancer, the tumor cells travel to the rest of the body from the prostate, and metastases usually first appear in the bones. The lower back, hips, and ribs are located very close to the prostate. So back pain in this case is not from musculoskeletal problems, stems from kidney disease or some kind of inflammation, but is caused by the tumor.
The most common symptom of prostate cancer is a urinary problem
Chronic back pain can develop for a number of reasons, and if it is caused by prostate cancer, it is likely that a diagnosis has already been made. However, it is important that ne wait for the stage at which consequences are already complaints, and consult a urologist as soon as the first symptoms appear. The importance of early discovery doctors have not been able to stress since if treatment is started in the first stages, the chances of survival are very good. However, due to late-discovered cases, prostate cancer is still the leading cause of death on the list of cancers.
Therefore, the common symptoms that should be investigated are:
– frequent, urgent urination, which may occur at night,
– problem with starting and stopping urination,
– urinary retention,
– pain during urination and / or ejaculation,
– appearance of blood in the urine.
If we experience such phenomena, one should not panic and think of the worst, as they there may also be signs of prostate enlargement and prostatitis, however, investigation and treatment are important in all cases.
That’s why you need to see a doctor
All if you have a urinary or sexual type problem, you should see a doctor, as even simple inflammations resolve faster, they can cause fewer complications, if they start treatment early. However, prostate cancer you can apply insidiously, which means that in the initial stages it is often completely asymptomatic, he emphasizes dr. István Rákász, urologist at the Urology Center. – However, since urological examination, PSA screening, tactile and ultrasound examination can quickly detect the disease, Above 50 years of age, asymptomatic urological examination is recommended every two years. Ideally, this screening should be built into men’s routines in the same way as gynecological screening for women.
Source: Urological Center
Source: Patika Magazin Online by www.patikamagazin.hu.
*The article has been translated based on the content of Patika Magazin Online by www.patikamagazin.hu. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!