Would you like to prepare a homemade Banana Split? Here is the simple recipe for you to make at home. Pick out some good bananas.
The Banana Split is one of the most famous desserts in the world. The combination of flavors and textures is irresistible and this is why it is so in demand. The best thing is that we can prepare it at home, with few ingredients and less work. There are light versions that allow us to fall into temptations, but without regrets. In addition, it is the perfect excuse to share with the family, especially with the little ones, during a delicious snack. Lovers of healthy desserts have an excellent ally in this homemade Banana Split recipe.
The Banana Split was created in Latrobe, Pennsylvania, United States in 1904. Saint Vincent College students were among the first to know him, and from there his fame spread. Since August 24, 2004, the inhabitants of Latrobe celebrate the World Banana Split Day annually.
The main ingredient in this dessert is the banana or banana, a fruit that in the kitchen offers many possibilities. It can be consumed alone, as a very healthy snack with a satiating effect. It is also the protagonist in different desserts such as ice cream, cookies, muffins and cakes. Healthy pancake recipes often include it, too.
Banana is a fruit with multiple benefits and properties. It is an excellent source of potassium, which combats fluid retention and allows nutrients to flow from cells. It is rich in magnesium that prevents migraines; and in phosphorus that contributes to the formation of bones, which it keeps strong.
Although it is very sweet, its glycemic index is very low, so it helps lower blood sugar levels. It is rich in fiber, ideal for people with constipation and to regulate intestinal transit. In addition, it reduces the risks of heart disease.
How to prepare homemade banana split:
- To start we must prepare the ice cream. We peel the 400 grams of bananas and cut into thin slices, of similar thickness. We reserve 100 grams for the preparation of strawberry ice cream.
- The rest we will place in a bowl covering it with plastic wrap. The paper must be accommodated between each layer to prevent them from turning into a ball or sticking. We then put it in the freezer for at least 3 hours.
- We wash the strawberries very well and remove the sepal, which is the green part on top. Then We cut them into small pieces and store in another bowl with the 100 grams of bananas. We do the same process with the cling film and freeze for the same number of hours.
- We remove the first bowl of bananas from the freezer. We take 150 grams and grind them in a food processor or blender. The rest we save for the chocolate ice cream.
- We must grind it up quite a bit. It will cost a bit at first, but after a while the mixture will separate into lumps. Later everything will come together again in a homogeneous ice cream, which is what we are looking for.
- When the banana ice cream is ready we can flavor it if we wish so. It will be enough to add a pinch of salt and a little vanilla essence.
- We put this ice cream in a bowl and freeze it again for a few minutes.
- To prepare the strawberry ice cream we use the food processor again. We crush the strawberries with the 100 grams of banana until getting the same consistency as the previous ice cream. We reserve in the freezer.
- We prepare the chocolate ice cream grinding the other 150 grams of banana with the 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder. When we obtain the desired consistency, we freeze.
- Then we peel the other two bananas. We cut them in half and lengthwise. Then we place them on a plate with a scoop of ice cream of each flavor between the banana.
- On top we add a little yogurt, the fruit of our preference, the syrup, the cereals and the nuts.
This recipe is so simple that we can prepare it at any time. In addition, we can consume ice cream in this dessert or alone. The yogurt can be natural, Greek, normal or we can even substitute it for the whipped cream. The result will be delicious.
Homemade Banana Split Recipe is the perfect healthy dessert to serve as an amazing snack. It is also the ideal closure for any meal with friends or at work. It is so delicious that everyone will enjoy it. The best thing is that they can consume it without any regrets, while looking like a chef.
Source: okdiario.com by okdiario.com.
*The article has been translated based on the content of okdiario.com by okdiario.com. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!