According to legend, on the night of the bath you can find out your destiny.
On the night of July 6-7, the mystical holiday of Ivan Kupala is celebrated. There are many signs and customs associated with this day. The tradition of celebrating Ivan Kupala dates back several centuries. Our ancestors believed that this night foresters, witches and evil spirits come to earth, and water and fire help to protect themselves from them.
Divination of Ivan Kupala
On the night of Ivan Kupala, girls often performed rituals to find out the wedding date or their destiny. Also on this day conduct divination on desire and health.
- Divination on plantain. The girl has to tear a plantain leaf near the road and put it under a pillow on the night of July 7. Then you have to say: “Fellow traveler, you live by the road, you see both old and young, show me my destiny.” Then in a dream she will dream of a groom.
- 12 herbs. Before going to bed, the girl collects herbs and puts them under the pillow without looking. They should be considered in the morning. If there are 12 or more different herbs – a wedding soon.
- Divination on a wreath. Unmarried girls let a wreath float on a lake or river. Whose wreath will sail away from everyone – and the first will get married.
- Divination by fire. If there is no pond, wreaths can be thrown into the fire. Which girl’s wreath will burn out faster, and she will marry first.
- Conspiracy for money. Before going to bed in a glass jar with spring water or dew you need to throw coins with a large denomination. In the morning they need to be taken out and hidden in the house so that money is always available.
- Divination by maple at will. You need to make a wish and randomly pluck a maple leaf. If the number of sharp corners on the leaf is even – the wish will come true.
The main signs for the holiday
On this holiday, watch the weather closely to find out what the coming days will be like.
- The downpour on this day foretells a prolonged drought. But to get under the shower for a person means good luck in money.
- Rain today means that the wheat harvest will be poor.
- Thunder with lightning for the holiday – nuts do not grow.
- The rainbow on this day promises good luck.
- If the weather is sunny and cloudless – there will be a lot of fruit.
Rites and customs of Ivan Kupala
The main custom of the bathing night is associated with lighting a large fire. In ancient times, the whole village gathered near the bonfire. Young people danced and danced. In the center of the fire set a wheel on a pole, which symbolized the sun.
A couple in love jumped over the fire, holding hands. If the jump is successful – love will be very strong. A sick man’s shirt was also thrown into the bonfire to cure him of the disease.
Many rites on Ivan Kupala are connected with water. On this date they bathed in rivers and lakes, washed with dew and walked barefoot on the grass. It was also customary to pour each other from buckets and go to the bath. Such rites have not only magical power, but also benefit the body and strengthen the immune system.
You may also be interested in:
Read show business news, horoscopes on UNIAN Lite’s channel Telegram
If you find an error, select it with the mouse and press Ctrl + Enter
Source: Інформаційне Агентство УНІАН by www.unian.ua.
*The article has been translated based on the content of Інформаційне Агентство УНІАН by www.unian.ua. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!