HBO Max completes its US merger with Discovery+, WarnerBros Discovery’s joint super-streaming service. Read here what this means for the individual Discovery+ offer and what subscriptions are available from Max.
- HBO Max has been retired as a streaming service in the US home market since May 23, 2023. After that, the offer is only briefly called Max.
- The new offering is intended as a premium service from Warner Bros. Discovery. It also includes all Discovery+ content.
- Discovery+ will be continued as a lower-threshold offer.
- The monthly price for Max ranges from around $10 to $20 for three different packages:
– Max Ad Light (Base rate with advertising) – $9.99/month$99.99/year
– Max Ad Free (Basic tariff without advertising, 4K-UHD only for existing customers) – $14.99/month$149.99/year
– Max Ultimate Ad Free (Premium tariff without advertising with 4K-UHD and four parallel streams) – $19.99/month$199.99/year
HBO Max successor Max does not mean the end of Discovery +
- In Germany, it will very likely only remain with Discovery+ until 2025 anyway. HBO contracts with Sky and RTL+ have so far prevented the launch of HBO Max and also that of the new premium streaming service Max.
- Content from HBO Max can also be accessed in Germany via detours such as VPN connections, which represent a legal gray area.
- An official launch of Max is planned for other European markets over the next year.
- Meanwhile, the brand should not disappear completely from the scene, but laut Warner Bros. Discovery continue to be used as a feature for high-end production.
Source: DIGITAL FERNSEHEN by www.digitalfernsehen.de.
*The article has been translated based on the content of DIGITAL FERNSEHEN by www.digitalfernsehen.de. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!