DAPURPACU – Vehicle manufacturers including motorcycles are trying to bring the latest technology to create the level of fuel economy that users need.
This technology is commonly embedded as a performance support on machines of almost every type. This is of course in line with the continued soaring fuel prices from various companies.
However, there are several factors supporting the achievement of the level of fuel economy on motorcycles. Wahana’s Technical Service Department (TSD) and Safety Riding Promotion (SRP) also agree.
According to the TSD and SRP teams from main dealers for Honda motorcycles in Jakarta and Tangerang, PT Wahana Makmur Sejati admitted that apart from the product, there are many other factors that also affect the amount of fuel consumption efficiency.
The SRP Team and Technical Analyst from TSD Wahana explained various factors that closely influence the amount of fuel consumption. It is the riding style and the internal condition of the motorcycle that also increases the efficiency of a product, especially Honda motorcycles.
Riding style, lulled by the comfort and unique pull of a motorbike often brings motorists to twist the gas deeper and more responsively.
This turned out to also have an influence on the amount of fuel consumption. Here are some driving styles that make fuel wasteful.
1. Doing gas rounds quickly and in the alias ‘betrayed’. This style makes fuel consumption more extravagant, especially the scooter type. It’s best to pull the gas slowly and constantly when you want to catch top speed.
2. For sport and cub types (manual transmission), feel and listen to the transmission position, speed and throttle. Transmission position that is not in accordance with road conditions and gas rotation can waste fuel for nothing.
3. Selection of the best route to reduce the coercion of engine performance such as uphill, on the surface of sand, soil or water. These environmental conditions certainly force the engine to ‘devour’ the extra gasoline.
4. Pay attention to the maximum load that can be ‘served’ by your motorcycle.
“It doesn’t appear at first glance, driving style, road conditions, and driving skills have an impact on fuel consumption. Understand and act wisely when driving with some of these things, “explained Wahyu Budhi, TSD Instructor.
Engine Internal Condition
Not only that, apart from driving style and environmental conditions, other internal factors also play a role in determining the wasteful or economical use of fuel.
1. Make sure the tire pressure and condition are according to the manufacturer’s specifications and are still suitable for use.
2. Regular oil changes or cleaning of several combustion parts, such as spark plugs, throttle bodies and spark plug ignition cables must be maintained.
3. Check the condition of the transmission part as a distributor of engine power to the wheel rotation, namely the CVT and clutch roller or canvas.
4. Engine rotation or what is commonly called idling or idling needs to be felt and heard. Engine speed is too high above the normal limit allows ‘drinking’ more fuel.
Analyze your driving style whether it is in accordance with the tips above. For the internal condition of the motorbike, there’s nothing wrong with doing routine maintenance at the nearest AHASS. [dp/TH]
Source: dapurpacu.id by dapurpacu.id.
*The article has been translated based on the content of dapurpacu.id by dapurpacu.id. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!