On May 8, 2022, Mother’s Day is celebrated in Italy: here is a collection of 15 phrases, quotes or aphorisms to send as greetings to your mothers.
Turn on notifications to receive updates on
Today, May 8, 2022, one of the most important figures in everyone’s life is celebrated: the mother. In fact it is the day of the Mother’s Day, which in Italy falls on the second Sunday of May, but which until a few years ago was celebrated on 8 May. It is the day when we celebrate one of the most important people in our life, a reference figure at any age, and able to educate us as we grow up. We have selected for you the phrases, quotes or aphorisms that you can send as greeting messages to your mothers, to remind them of your affection and how special they are to you.
Good morning and happy mother’s day, the famous phrases to dedicate on May 8th
- A good mother is worth a hundred teachers. (Victor Hugo)
- A mother’s happiness is like a beacon that illuminates the future, but it also reflects on the past and envelops it in the sweetness of memories. (Honoré de Balzac)
Greetings for Mother’s Day 2022
- Stories first heard in mum’s lap will never be completely forgotten. (Giovanni Ruffini)
- No language can express the power, the beauty, the heroism of maternal love. (Edwin H. Chapin)
- Maternal love is only a human feeling. And like all feelings it is uncertain, fragile and imperfect. Contrary to popular belief, perhaps it is not deeply engraved in female nature. (Elisabeth Badinter)
The funny and original phrases for wishes to mom on Whatsapp
- When your mother asks you, “Can I give you some advice” it is a mere formality. It doesn’t matter if she answers yes or no. She is going to give it to you anyway. (Erma Bombeck)
- My mother is the one who taught me irony: “Try to laugh and I’ll make you cry”; the one who taught me resistance: “You don’t get up until you make what you have on your plate disappear”; she who taught me the cycle of nature: “Just as I did you, I destroy you”; the one who taught me logic: “Because I say so, that’s why”; and the one who taught me good manners: Happy birthday, mom.
- If evolution really works, why do mothers only have two hands? (Milton Berle)
- Mothers are the only workers who never have vacations. (Anne Morrow Lindbergh)
- When my mom had to cook for eight, she always made enough for sixteen and then she needed half of it (Gracie Allen)
Religious phrases and quotes for the mother who is no longer there
- Let us not be sad that we lost it, but we are grateful for having it. (Augustine of Hippo)
- A mother is one who can take the place of everyone else, but whose place no one else can take. (Gaspard Mermillod)
- Then she took my hand and with her eyes she told me how much she loved me, until her gaze became fog and life went out of her. (Isabel Allende)
Happy Mother’s Day 2022
- I don’t know where people go when they stop living, but I know where they stay, and you mom will always stay in my heart. (Margaret Mazzantini)
- And the heart when of a last beat
will have brought down the wall of shadow
to lead me, Mother, to the Lord,
as you once will shake your hand.
You will be a statue before the eternal,
as he already saw you
when you were still alive.
You will raise your old arms trembling,
as when you expired
saying: My God, here I am.
And only when he has forgiven me,
you will want to look at me.
You will remember that you have waited so long for me,
and you will have a quick sigh in your eyes.
Source: Fanpage by www.fanpage.it.
*The article has been translated based on the content of Fanpage by www.fanpage.it. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!