Garmin International, Inc., a unit of Garmin Ltd. (NYSE: GRMN), today announced the Varia RCT716 bicycle radar with camera and taillight.
The Varia RCT716 is designed to give cyclists peace of mind during any bike ride, day or night, and continuously records sharp, clear video during a ride while still delivering the advanced radar technology.
“For years, cyclists around the world have relied on our Varia radars to raise awareness of vehicles approaching during a ride, and we are excited to add the new RCT716 to the range of ‘must-have’ bike safety products,” said Dan Dan. Bartel, Garmin’s Vice President of Global Consumer Sales. Now cyclists can go on a ride and know that the Varia RCT716 rear light with radar activated will notify oncoming cars of the presence of a rider, and the built-in camera will continuously record their surroundings and provide video evidence of an incident if they have ever need it. ”
Here’s what’s new for Varia RCT716:
- Built-in camera: Capture sharp, clear shots at up to 1080p / 30 fps during any trip.
- Automatic event recording: If an event is detected, video recordings from before, during and after the event will be automatically saved.
- Additional Varia app functionality: Get easy access to video recordings, upload videos or customize camera settings, such as data overlays.
No matter where or when a cyclist rides, the Varia RCT716 continues to provide Garmin’s unrivaled bike safety features, including:
- Maximum attention: Visual and audible notifications warn of vehicles approaching from behind, up to 140 meters away.
- Superior visibility: The rear light is clear at a long distance, which can make it easier for motorists to see a cyclist before the radar sees the vehicle.
The Varia RCT716 has several pairing options and can be used with a compatible Garmin Edge cycling computer, Garmin smartwatch or Varia app. When paired with a compatible smartphone, it integrates with select third-party apps, such as Ride with GPS, to let cyclists overlay their maps with radar messages.
The Varia RCT716 has up to 4 hours of battery life with constantly on radar and taillights – all with the camera continuously recording at 1080p. Varia RCT716 has a suggested retail price of DKK 3,099.
Source: IT-Kanalen by it-kanalen.dk.
*The article has been translated based on the content of IT-Kanalen by it-kanalen.dk. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!