Everyone knows that there is no good soup or any soup without carrots. This vegetable, root crop, which is considered great for improving eyesight, strengthening immunity and preventing caries, is a common choice of vegetable growers. The question arises, when to know that it is the right time to take the carrot out of the ground. Follow these 5 facts and you won’t go wrong.
1. You can only start extraction when there is 1 to 1.5 centimeters in diameter. Carrots are removed in the period after 60 days (young carrots, for sale in bundles or in fresh condition with removed leaves), up to 120 dana (when performing full technological maturity).
2. You know that full technological maturity has come when the outer leaves are in the leaf rosette dried up, yellow, physiologically die off (transport of nutrients from the leaves to the thickened root was performed). This kind of carrot is suitable for longer storage. Carrots are harvested in technological maturity autumn period, in late October and early November.
3. If the extraction is delayed, it is possible again vegetation movement, that is, the appearance of new leaves, especially if precipitation is present. This is very unfavorable for the root, because the new leaves that grow do it exhausting nutrients from it, which reduces its quality, and this negatively affects the length of storage of the carrot, reducing the possibility of storage.
4. In small gardens, vegetable growers take out carrots manually. The advice is to do it by grabbing the carrot leaf mass and slowly plucking it by turning the carrot to one side and then to the other. It is also advisable to do this when the land moderately humid from precipitation, and if not a little moisten it. On smaller plots, extraction is also done with tools – village for beet extraction. It is also taken out for a specific purpose extractors, but the leaves need to be removed first. Extraction with extractors is done when the soil is drier and outside not wet weather.
Larger areas are done with harvester for extracting carrots. In this case, the leaves are not removed. When the specified mechanization is not possessed, the carrot is removed with the help uniform plow to whom the plow board is removed. This machine grabs one row of plants and throws the carrot aside.
5. After cleaning from the ground, the carrots are stored at a temperature of 1 degree and at humidity 97 place.
Source: Agromedia by www.agromedia.rs.
*The article has been translated based on the content of Agromedia by www.agromedia.rs. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!