“This year, there was the detection of 16 ‘drones’ starting the flight or flying (…), five of which were found to be in violation, since the airspace was prohibited, having lifted the notice of administrative offense [e] will be communicated to the competent administrative entity”, said to the Lusa agency, captain Joao Lourenço, public relations of the GNR.
According to this official, the ‘drones’ were seized from people who intended to place these unmanned aerial equipment without proper authorization.
The captain, who was speaking to Lusa at 2 pm, noted that the security device set up on the occasion of the first major pilgrimage of the year to the Sanctuary of Fátima ends on Sunday, but that, at this moment, the balance is positive.
“The operation has been taking place within what is expected”, he added, noting that on Friday “there was a large flow of people”, estimated at 220,000.
In terms of criminality, the captain highlighted the lack of records of thefts.
“An event of this nature, with such a significant number of people concentrated, I highlight the fact that we have no record of thefts”, said the public relations officer, maintaining that “this is also the result of work done” in the context of crime prevention .
On the other hand, he added that the GNR referred to “only one false beggar” (last year in the May pilgrimage there were 14) reiterating the commitment to crime prevention, “one of the main objectives of this operation”, which include guaranteeing security and traffic flow.
Asked about the confusion that arose in traffic after the celebrations on Friday night, as noted by Lusa, captain João Lourenço explained that Fátima recorded the arrival of thousands of pilgrims for several days, and that, in a period “of a hour, an hour and a half” after the ceremonies, people intend to leave the city.
“It is natural that there is always some traffic congestion”, he acknowledged, as happened after today’s mass [sábado]and that “flows within what is possible normality”, he clarified, adding that on Friday there was a collision that caused “embarrassment from a road point of view”.
Thousands of people participated in the celebrations of May 12th and 13th at the Sanctuary of Fátima, with the temple indicating that [sábado] about 200,000 people attended the final mass.
The anniversary international pilgrimage was presided over by the Vatican Secretary of State, Cardinal Pietro Parolin.
The GNR has about 700 soldiers in the pilgrimage security operation, an operation that ends on Sunday.
Source: Correio da Manhã by www.cmjornal.pt.
*The article has been translated based on the content of Correio da Manhã by www.cmjornal.pt. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!