The fire that broke out on Sunday in the municipality of Abrantes was at 4:30 pm this Monday with 10% of the active perimeter, a source from the District Relief Operations Command (CDOS) of Santarém told Lusa.
According to the same source, “there are no houses in danger”.
At that time, 554 operatives were on the ground, supported by 176 vehicles and two air assets, according to the website of the National Emergency and Civil Protection Authority.
Two firefighters were injured in this fire, “one from exhaustion and the other with slight burns resulting from heat radiation”.
The fire started at 18:02 on Sunday, in the parish of Fontes.
The mayor of Abrantes, Manuel Jorge Valamatos, said that, so far, the information he has is that 350 hectares have burned, mainly “bush and forest”, as well as a shed and a vacant house.
“The two most complicated outbreaks are already nearing completion”, added Manuel Jorge Valamatos.
Source: Expresso by expresso.pt.
*The article has been translated based on the content of Expresso by expresso.pt. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!