Meta (formerly known as Facebook) presented the Privacy Center, which he says you can use to find out how the company collects and uses data, but also to learn how to use the many available privacy and security controls. Meta says the Privacy Center will have categories covering security, sharing, collecting, using data and advertising.
Meta says the Privacy Center is currently available to “some people who use Facebook on the desktop”, but will introduce it for more people and apps in the coming months.
“We have made numerous privacy and security controls in our applications and technologies over the years, and our goal is for the Privacy Center to serve as a hub for those privacy controls and education,” says Meta.
According to the announcement on the company’s blog, the current version of the Privacy Center has five modules, each of which contains guides and controls related to certain topics such as:
– Security: You can set up two-factor authentication or learn more about it how Meta struggles with data scraping;
– Sharing: This guide can give you answers to the question of who sees what you post or how to remove old posts on your profile using tools such as “Manage Activity”;
– Collection: From here you can learn more about the data that Meta collects, but also how you can see this data using tools such as “Access Your Information”;
– Data usage: Here you can learn more about how and why Meta uses data and explore the controls offered to manage the way your information is used;
– Ads: In this guide, you can learn more about how your information is used to select the ads you see and use ad controls such as Ad Preferences.
One place for controls that might otherwise be deployed in different places could really be useful to users, as Facebook’s privacy settings can be complicated for many.
If you have a new Privacy Center, you’ll be able to access it in Settings> Privacy, but Meta announces that there will be “more ways to access it in places where you may be concerned about privacy.” The company also says it will add new modules and controls to the Privacy Center to help people understand its approach to privacy in all of its applications.
Source: Informacija.rs by www.informacija.rs.
*The article has been translated based on the content of Informacija.rs by www.informacija.rs. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!