According to the data of the Toplica Center for Democracy and Human Rights, obtained from the Public Procurement Office, the National Bank of Serbia is on the list of the largest procuring entities when it comes to the 100 most valuable procurements in 2020. The National Bank of Serbia, among other things, conducted three procurements with a total value of 2,165,002,000 dinars, or 18,415,206 euros.
“Transformation of infrastructure systems, services and platforms for data processing and storage”, a contract concluded on December 29, 2020, whose value is 959,900,000 dinars, or 8,164,519 euros according to the middle exchange rate of the NBS on the day of the contract.
Then “Solutions for optimization and digitalization of administrative-technical and key business processes of the NBS” concluded on November 20, 2020, the value of the contract 725,900,000 dinars, or 6,174,215 euros and “Application solutions for improving foreign exchange and accounting operations and infrastructure goods with support” , which was concluded on February 19, 2020, and whose value is 479,202,000 dinars, or 4,076,473 euros, are just some of the contracts that are on the list of the largest in Serbia that were signed and implemented in the previous year.
All three procurements were conducted in an open procedure and only one bidder participated in each, the Toplica Center for Democracy and Human Rights announced.
– The winner in the fierce competition in the first procurement, worth 8.16 million euros, is “Smart Investment Group d.o.o. Belgrade “, while the winner in the other two procurements whose total value is 10.25 million euros is the company Soft 4 Smart d.o.o. Belgrade “- points out parts of the research Dragan Dobrašinović from the Toplica Center for Democracy and Human Rights and explains:
– “Soft 4 Smart” was founded on December 31, 2018, and the founder and sole owner of the company, which was founded with a 100 dinar founding role, is, according to the Business Registers Agency, Stevan Obradovic, a man in the early seventies, computer programming – says Dobrašinović.
He adds that in the first year of operation, the company with one employee realized a total business income in the amount of 361,698,000 dinars, which according to the then exchange rate of the NBS was over three million euros!
– In the next year, in 2020, the company will continue to lower its business success. Due to the increased volume of work, the company employs another person and only in business with the National Bank of Serbia through two engagements, it generates income of 10.25 million euros. Despite the huge revenues, the net profit of the company in 2019 amounted to 436,000 dinars, while in 2020 it decreased to 237,000 dinars – Dobrašinović points out.
According to publicly available data from the Business Registers Agency “Smart Investment Group d.o.o. Belgrade “with three employees in 2019 generated total operating income in the amount of 770,901,000 dinars, or 6,555,681 euros according to the middle exchange rate of the NBS on December 31, 2019.
In the previous year, the company generated business revenues in the amount of 344,801,000 dinars, or 2,917,231 euros, and in 2017 only 52,636,000 dinars, or 444,288 euros. In 2016, the company’s revenues were 32,659,000 dinars, or 264,504 euros.
– Most of the business “Smart Investment Group d.o.o. Belgrade “won the tenders of the National Bank of Serbia. „Smart Investment Group d.o.o. In the period from 2017 to 2020, Belgrade “emerged as the winner in eight public procurements, of which only one bidder participated in six procedures, and two bidders in the remaining two procedures. Both companies have achieved incredible business successes in just a few years and have multiplied their revenues in business with the state without any competition – claims Dobrašinović.
Stevan Obradović, the owner of the company “Soft 4 Smart”, confirmed in a telephone conversation that his company concluded deals with the NBS, but also that it is not the only state institution with which the company whose owner had contracts last year. He could not explain the details of those contracts because he said that he was at the meeting, and he instructed the journalist to address the director Maja Jakovljević for more details.
It is also interesting that a certain Maja Jakovljević is the founder and sole owner of “Smart Investment Group d.o.o. Belgrade “, a company that received a job worth 8.16 million euros from the NBS in the same year.
All available information indicates that the owner of one company and the director of another, who received multi-million contracts from the National Bank without competition, are the same person, the already mentioned Maja Jakovljević.
However, until the moment of publishing this text, Maja Jakovljević did not answer the phone calls.
– SERBIAN info (@srbininfo) June 16, 2021
IF YOU WANT TO SUPPORT THE WORK OF THE “CENTER” PRODUCTION AND THE WORK OF THE “SRBIN.INFO” PORTAL, YOU CAN PAY DONATIONS THROUGH THE FOLLOWING LINKS:
THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS YOU!
Source: СРБИН.инфо by srbin.info.
*The article has been translated based on the content of СРБИН.инфо by srbin.info. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!