Elon Musk buys Twitter, pays the previously suggested price

Updates: Elon Musk dle Reuters today reached an agreement and is actually buying the social platform Twitter, whose shares it previously valued at $ 54.20. He will pay the rest of the total value of $ 44 billion to control the remaining 90.8 percent of the company. The report continues in its original version.

Elon Musk would love Twitter to give the world, in his words, a platform on which people can practice freedom of speech without fear, and Twitter itself should be transparent and only minimally moderated. At the same time, Musk values ​​Twitter at $ 43 billion and already owns 9.2 percent of his shares, so he would like to buy the remaining 90.8 percent from other shareholders so that he can control the direction of this social platform on his own.

However, Twitter shareholders have not yet looked forward to it, according to media reports, and the company has begun preparing for the possibility that Musk will attempt a hostile takeover and try to circumvent its governing bodies. The use of a “poison pill” strategy was also considered, in which other shareholders would be given the opportunity to acquire additional shares at a discount, which would reduce Musk’s share and significantly increase the cost of buying the remaining shares.

However, Elon Musk recently confirmed to the SEC (Securities And Exchange Commission) that he had secured all the necessary funds to buy Twitter, which should be more than enough to acquire all the necessary shares out of a total package of about 800 million. At the same time, the amount of $ 46.5 billion fell here, which is 3.5 billion more than the above-mentioned amount, which applies to the entire Twitter, of which Musk already owns its 9.2 percent. Currently, the market capitalization of Twitter is $ 37.1 billion.

And it seems that those $ 46.5 billion secured have forced Twitter’s management to look at the whole thing from a new perspective, as it is possible that the $ 54.20 per share it previously offered may not really be the “final and best offer,” as Musk previously pointed out. If he wanted to spend all the money on the remaining shares purely theoretically, he could go up to about $ 64 per share. Twitter shares were at a similar value last summer, but then fell to $ 33.

In addition, Musk had during last Friday meet several major Twitter shareholdersto explain his point of view, and some of them are said to support him now. We are now waiting for more news, which could be published this Thursday, when Twitter will publish its financial results for the first quarter of this year.

Source: Svět hardware by www.svethardware.cz.

*The article has been translated based on the content of Svět hardware by www.svethardware.cz. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!

*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.

*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!