Intermittent fasting refers to periods of fasting of varying lengths between normal healthy eating.
In Finland, its best-known forms are the 16/8 and 5: 2 diets.
Intermittent fasting is generally thought of as a healthy way to lose weight and promote health.
– It may be suggested that something absolutely miraculous happens in the metabolism during a short fast. That’s unlikely to be the case, confirms a nutritionist Patrik Borg.
Content will continue after the ad
Energy intake decreases as eating time decreases
In the most well-known fasts, fasting lasts from 16 hours a day at a time.
Content continues below the ad
After that, normal healthy meals are eaten until the next fasting period.
Such short-term fasting can help reduce energy intake, as long as eating is not out of control at other times.
– Restricting eating helps you lose weight. Stitch fasting is a tool that works in some situations.
There is no need to worry about the savings flame
Weight loss always requires eating less than consuming.
The traditional way to lose weight is to lower your daily energy intake. Then the dietary sin of the dieter is that the daily caloric intake is reduced too low.
– For many, 1,200 or 1,500 kilocalories a day are too few. Too much energy deficiency will at some point direct the body to a saving flame. That’s when you can’t handle it and weight management becomes more difficult, Borg warns.
In 16/8 fasting, energy intake is reduced by limiting the amount of time allowed to eat to eight hours a day instead of calories. In other words, you can eat, for example, between 8 am and 4 pm or from noon to 8 pm. The rest of the day is fasted.
Few people have time or are able to eat more than two or three full meals in eight hours. If you have eaten four before
Try if eating is controlled
The ability to control hunger is individual. Some tolerate prolonged fasting quite well, and eating remains under control even after fasting.
For others, fasting can be painful, hunger grows gigantic, and eating is easily out of control.
“You could try a snack if eating seems to be under control, but it may be oversized,” says Borg. The struggle with weight management often involves a refueling diet.
A person seeking to lose weight then fears an increase in hunger will lead to binge eating, and food is sometimes eaten just in case.
– In such a situation, Päkkä fasting can teach that you can endure hunger better than you thought and that sometimes you may well not eat for 12 hours.
Help punish the last extra pounds
While snapping may be a workable way to lose weight, it is not the best option.
– Primarily, I recommend making your lifestyle healthier without its weirder diets. If you want to lose weight and not expect the results of big changes, Pätkäpaasto offers an easy strategy to control your eating. It also works for dropping the last pounds tough, Borg sums up.
Slight forms of fasting, such as skipping a meal or bringing up an evening meal, may even be a way of life for some.
Adequate and high quality sleep is the best foundation for weight management. Sleeping on an empty stomach increases the night-time awakening in some and impairs sleep quality.
If sleep begins to interfere, you should stop fasting, or at least switch to a milder form.
Here’s how to test if Staple is right for you?
- Choose the format of the fast you want to try, and try it once. If you get to sleep well and are not more tired than usual, but rather more energetic, you should continue with a short break.
- If food spins too much in mind or fasting results in binge eating or sleep disturbance, it is advisable to switch to a milder form of fasting or to stop short starvation altogether. It is not for everyone.
Expert: Patrik Borg, Nutritionist.
This article appeared in Good Health. As a subscriber, you can read all numbers free of charge from the digilehdet.fi service
Source: Hyvä Terveys by www.hyvaterveys.fi.
*The article has been translated based on the content of Hyvä Terveys by www.hyvaterveys.fi. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!