ANPC temporarily stopped the operation of 5 supermarkets in Iași. Fines for spoiled fruit, windows, dirty storage spaces and freezers and false promotions reach almost 100,000 lei.
The “Consumer Caravan” campaign was in Iași, in the last two days, ANPC announces.
5 Lidl supermarkets, from the city of Iași, were controlled, and for the irregularities found, in terms of compliance with the legislation in the field of consumer rights, the commissioners from Iași applied important contraventional sanctions:
– fines in the amount of 98,000 lei
– the definitive stoppage of the sale of non-compliant food products
– temporary stoppage of services until the deficiencies are remedied, for one of the stores
– proposal for the temporary closure of 3 stores, for a period of up to 6 months
– proposal for the temporary closure of one of the stores, for a period between 6-12 months
Among the most important deviations found:
– the sale of depreciated, organoleptically modified vegetables and fruits in a mixture of different calibers
– the use of unsanitized refrigerated display cases with accumulations of dust, rust, condensation and food debris
– the use of unhygienic storage spaces with dirty shelves and floors
– the existence of improper hygienic conditions in the freezer of frozen raw materials, bakery products and pastries
– the use of unsanitized showcases for the display for the sale of bread and pastry products
– the use of ice cream display cases that are not properly sanitized
– using storage conditions that do not correspond to those recommended by the manufacturers.
– incorrect commercial practices regarding the way to inform consumers on the product or on the shelf
– non-compliance with the promotions regime, as the reference product of the multi-packaging packages does not exist on the market.
Source: Cotidianul RO by www.cotidianul.ro.
*The article has been translated based on the content of Cotidianul RO by www.cotidianul.ro. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!