The Economist Mario Draghi today accepted the proposal of form a government in Italy that the Head of State had entrusted to him, Sergio Mattarella, To who he immediately presented his list of ministers. Mattarella summoned Draghi after he received majority support from parliamentary formations and after the failure of negotiations to reissue the government majority, which caused the resignation of Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte.
Technicians will be the ministers of Ecological Transition, Economy, Education and Interior, among others, in a government made up of 23 portfolios, eight of which are headed by women, despite the fact that parity had been requested in the formation of the Executive.
The members of the cabinet are:
– Minister of Ecological Transition: Roberto Cingolani, 60, the super minister chosen by Draghi for this new portfolio: Physicist by profession and currently head of the technological innovation department of the Leonardo company.
– Minister of the Interior: Luciana Lamorgese, he already held the position in the previous Executive presided over by the resigned Giuseppe Conte. Technocrat, he is credited with a change of route in the management of the migration crisis by changing the laws promoted by the far-right League of Matteo Salvini
– Economy Minister: Daniele Franco, 68 years old. CEO of the Bank of Italy and the trusted technocrat chosen by Draghi
– Minister of Defense: Lorenzo Guerini, 55, a member of the Democratic Party (PD, center-left), who maintains his post.
– Minister of Justice: Marta Cartabia, 57 years old. Technocrat. She was the first woman elected president of the Constitutional Court.
– Minister of Foreign Affairs: Luigi di Maio, 34 years old, one of the top representatives of the 5 Star Movement (M5S). He retains the position he had in the Government of Giuseppe Conte.
– Minister of Health: Roberto Speranza, member of Libres e Iguales (LeU, left), 51 years old, maintains the position he held in the Government of Conte and It is considered an endorsement of his management of the coronavirus pandemic.
– Minister of Labor: Andrea Orlando, 52, vice president of the Democratic Party (PD).
– Minister of Economic Development: Giancarlo Giorgietti, the right-hand man of Matteo Salvini and the economic brain of the far-right Liga.
– Minister of Education: Patrizio Bianchi, 68, of the PD, was rector of the University of Ferrara and advisor for Education and Universities in the Emilia Romagna region.
– Minister of Agricultural Policies: Stefano Pattuanelli, 46, of the M5S. He held the Economic Development portfolio in the previous Executive.
– Minister of Culture and Tourism: Dario Franceschini, one of the strong men of the PD. He retains his position and will have to deal with a sector in crisis.
– Minister and Infrastructure and Transport: Enrico Giovaninni, 57, technocrat. He teaches Economic Statistics at the Tor Vergata University of Rome and Sustainable Development at the Luiss University. Founder of the Italian Alliance for Sustainable Development (Asvis).
– Minister for University and Research: Cristina Messa, 60 years old. Technocrat. Doctor. Professor at the Biccoca University of Milan. Director of the Nuclear Medicine Unit of Hospital San Gerardo de Monza and Italian delegate in the Horizon 2020 program.
– Minister of Relations with Parliament: Federico D’Inca, of the M5S
– Minister of Technological Innovation and Digital Transition: Victorio Colau, technocrat and former CEO of Vodafone.
– Minister of Public Administration: Renato Brunetta, of the Forza Italia conservator
– Minister of Autonomy and General Affairs: María Stella Gelmini, of Forza Italy.
– Minister of the South and Territorial Cohesion: Mara Carfagna, of Forza Italy
– Minister of Youth Policies and Sports: Fabiana Danone, from M5S, who in the previous Government held the Public Administration portfolio.
– Minister for Equal Opportunities: Elena Bonetti, the only representative of the centrist Italia Viva, of the former prime minister Matteo Renzi.
– Minister for Disability: Erika Stefani, from the League, who had expressly requested this ministry.
– Minister to coordinate Tourism initiatives: Massimo Caravaglia, from the League, who will have to work very closely with the Minister of the PD, Franceschini.
Source: LA INFORMACIÓN – Lo último by www.lainformacion.com.
*The article has been translated based on the content of LA INFORMACIÓN – Lo último by www.lainformacion.com. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!