The artificial joints put in his knees have brought new zest to the folk artist’s life, and the man is not retiring.
– The wheel will keep turning as long as the spirit is alive, Sakari promises Hymy’s editor Juhamatti Niemi in an article in our printed magazine.
Dressed in shorts, Sakari Kuosmanen, 65, has a big scar on both knees. They come from a surgery a year and a half ago, where artificial joints were replaced in both knees of the folk artist.
– The surgery was worth it, even though it was demanding. My knees had gotten so bad from playing sports and being overweight that I could no longer walk without painkillers. It was a tough place, after having played sports all his life, playing football and ice hockey, Sakari admits.
The new bundles have marked a new beginning for the long-time entertainer.
– I am back in the books of the living. When you don’t touch anything, this is the best. I have already been able to play tennis and ice hockey, and I no longer have to resort to needles and anesthesia.
The return to the sports fields has been visible in the waist.
– The kilos have come off. Rehabilitation of the knee, which required training in the gym, has also helped with that.
Regarding the surgery, Sakaria was consulted by his friend, hockey legend Esa “Tiki” Tikkanen, who underwent a similar operation a couple of years earlier.
– He encouraged the operation and said that after that I will become a young man again. It has been true. I got much younger, says Sakari with a twinkle in her eye.
Sakar’s salvation from the king of the entertainment world, alcohol, was the birth of his first daughter in 1982, which coincided with the craziest years.
– It saved me from a lot of trouble. The liver and other internal organs would have gone, Sakari sighs.
This is what Sakari looks like today (photo: Juhamatti Nieminen)
Source: Hymy by hymy.fi.
*The article has been translated based on the content of Hymy by hymy.fi. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!