Although you can’t beat breast cancer with just the right diet, you can significantly help the body fight it. Here are the foods you need to pay attention to.
Many women who are affected by this disease reconsider their diet and wonder what could have led to cancer. Many believe that significant changes in diet can greatly affect the end results. Although you cannot completely cure cancer in this way, you can significantly improve immunity and tolerate treatments more easily.
What is useful
There are no foods or supplements that can act as a magic elixir to ward off and prevent cancer from coming back.
If you are recovering from surgery, receiving chemotherapy or going for radiation or some other treatment, your main goal is, of course, to get rid of the cancer and tolerate the treatment well. Food can help you with that.
You cannot predict exactly how the therapy will go, your general health and weight can also play a significant role. When you go through the treatment, listen to your body and reactions. Some women continued to prepare and work normally during treatment. There will also be days when you will feel weak and have no appetite. Be flexible, adaptable and design a good diet with the help of a doctor and a nutritionist.
Lots of fruits, vegetables and protein, a balanced choice, will offer you enough strength in the fight. You will strengthen your immunity and it will be easier to fight possible infections during breast cancer treatment.
You should pay attention to:
– Lots more fruits, vegetables and whole grains
– Reduce fat intake
– Eat less pickled and smoked foods
– Take care of a healthy weight (some women are also advised to lose weight)
– Minimize alcohol intake or eliminate it altogether
– Consume, preferably, organic food
– Increase the intake of turkey and chicken, fish (3 times a week), legumes, lentils
Broccoli, kale, cabbage, especially prosciutto are very important in the diet, as well as cereals and raw foods. Here are some other foods you should bring to the table: rice, corn, wheat, lettuce, spinach, chard, beets, kohlrabi, watercress, celery, parsley, carrots, sea buckthorn, almost all types of onions (especially garlic), soy peas, peanuts, carob, cucumber, eggplant, tomato, zucchini, pumpkin, green tea, horseradish, flax and cumin seeds, basil, sage, mint, citrus fruits, pomegranate,…
On the other hand, limit your intake: beef, lamb, cheese, fatty spreads, crackers, margarine, but also grapefruit…
More useful foods
– Olive oil is highly recommended. At least two tablespoons a day, for example with fresh vegetables. Use 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil for 1 cup of chopped fresh vegetables.
– When you choose greens, someone should be the one with darker leaves, like spinach, because it is full of folate and B vitamins.
– Tomatoes should also be included in the diet, because they are full of lycopene, a powerful antioxidant that protects against cancer, but also stops the development of cancer cells.
– Reduce your intake of sweets and switch to healthy snacks.
Read also the text Nature in the fight against breast cancer.
Source: LifePress magazin by lifepressmagazin.com.
*The article has been translated based on the content of LifePress magazin by lifepressmagazin.com. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!