Discussions about what happens with vacation leave always occur among employees, especially at the beginning of the year when they find that they have not completed all the days off available for the previous year.
Employees who have not taken the minimum 20 days of legal rest leave in 2021 may request the employer to grant them until mid-2023.
What does the Labor Code provide for employees regarding rest leave:
Art. 144. Intangibility of the right to rest leave
1. The right to paid annual leave shall be guaranteed to all employees.
2. The right to annual leave may not be the subject of any assignment, waiver or limitation.
Art. 146. Carrying out and compensating the rest leave
(1) The rest leave is made every year.
(2) If the employee, for justified reasons, is unable to take, in whole or in part, the annual rest leave to which he was entitled in the respective calendar year, with the consent of the person concerned, the employer is obliged to grant unpaid rest leave. – a period of 18 months starting with the year following the year in which the right to annual leave was born.
(3) Compensation in cash for the unpaid rest leave is allowed only in case of termination of the individual employment contract.
According to the provisions of the Labor Code, the holidays not taken in 2021 can be taken until June 30, 2023, ZF notes.
Source: Jurnalul.ro by jurnalul.ro.
*The article has been translated based on the content of Jurnalul.ro by jurnalul.ro. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!