Rescue service spokeswoman Mária Svobodová said that rescuers received notifications of four unconscious people shortly before 11 am. Eight ground vehicles, three doctors and five ambulances intervened on the spot. “All men aged 40 to 60 were affected, in a very serious condition they were transported to the Emergency University Hospital Pilsen,” said the spokesperson.
“Four people were brought to the University Hospital Pilsen in connection with the leakage of toxic substances. Unfortunately, two patients, both men, died. The other two patients are now in intensive care and their health is very serious. ” said Jana Šimůnková from the department for communication with the public of the Pilsen University Hospital on Friday.
The condition of one critically injured man began to improve that evening. “The condition of one man is already stabilized, the other remains in a very serious condition. Both remain in intensive care. “ said hospital administrator Libuše Kufnerová. Unfortunately, tragic news came on Saturday. One of the four critically injured men in the hospital succumbed to his injuries. Libuše Kufnerová, the administrator of the University Hospital in Pilsen, told ČTK.
Fortunately, it was revealed on Sunday that the condition of the injured man was improving. “His health has improved significantly and he will definitely be released within a week. Today he was moved from the intensive care bed to standard, there will be further examinations and I think that we will be able to let him go to home treatment in the first half of the week., “said Andrea Mašínová, administrator of the Pilsen University Hospital, for the agency.
Sulfur-based gases have escaped in high concentrations inside the building, and residents are not at risk, although they could smell a slight sulfur odor in the air.
Police officers from the criminal police and investigation service are dealing with the tragic event. “Pilsen criminal investigators in the case have initiated criminal proceedings on suspicion of committing a criminal offense of general negligence and are examining all the circumstances. Expert opinions will be requested in the matter, “ said police spokeswoman Michaela Raindlová in a press release today.
As Prima Television reported, the director of the company has temporarily identified it as a possible cause of human factor failure. According to a police spokesman, toxic substances leaked from the treatment plant, specifically sulfite and hydrogen sulfide, in the area.
“We’re still searching the building and trying to get to a door we didn’t get to in the first phase to see if there were any people inside.” said fire spokesman Petr Poncar.
According to him, firefighters are working with technologists on how to prevent the further development of other hazardous substances and how hazardous waste will then be disposed of.
Dangerous substances leaked from the WWTP in Pilsen-Skvrňany. Two people died in the hospital, two are in critical condition. HZS Plzeňského kraje
Dangerous substances leaked from the WWTP in Pilsen-Skvrňany. Two people died in the hospital, two are in critical condition. Author: HZS Plzeňského kraje
Dangerous substances leaked from the WWTP in Pilsen-Skvrňany. Two people died in the hospital, two are in critical condition.
Author: HZS Plzeňského kraje
Source: Blesk.cz by www.blesk.cz.
*The article has been translated based on the content of Blesk.cz by www.blesk.cz. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!