During the summer season, mosquitoes and small insects proliferate, and literally a distraction is enough to find yourself spending the sleepless night trying to put an end to the pestiferous buzz. The good news is that you can create a mosquito-free perimeter in your home without having to resort to hazardous chemicals to spray on yourself and into the environment. Just apply one mosquito net on doors and windows, especially since they are now very easy to assemble and extremely cheap.
Types of mosquito net
On the market, there are various types of mosquito net that fit all possible and imaginable situations. For smaller windows, such as skylights, it is advisable to choose fixed mosquito nets with Velcro fastening, which are also the cheapest. For standard windows, you can opt for vertical mosquito nets (especially suitable for windows) and lateral mosquito nets (ideal for protecting French windows or balconies).
Aluminum frames of particular shapes or sizes, on the other hand, require customized solutions in height and width, so as to avoid problems during assembly. In most cases, however, universal insect screens can be adapted almost always to their home.
The mosquito nets they are usually composed of an aluminum structure and a fiberglass mesh covered in PVC, very resistant and easy to clean; in other cases, however, the material used is nylon or filtering / darkening fabrics. In general, the real difference is the functioning and the mechanics, which allows us to distinguish the following categories of mosquito net:
- Roller insect screens: Very common and easy to assemble, they adapt to all types of windows and French windows; it consists of a structure complete with an upper box (in which the fabric is rolled up) and side guides that facilitate sliding.
- Magnetic (or adhesive) mosquito net: Practical, economical and functional, it is applied through simple panels directly on the aluminum structure of the windows or on the railings. They come in different sizes and colors, which allows a better match with the home design. The adhesive ones, after a certain number of lever-and-put are practically to be thrown away.
- Sliding mosquito net: Practical, efficient and robust, it can cover the entire surface of the window with a simple movement. Easy to fit and install, it is reasonably compact when not in use. It is one of the most suitable solutions for French windows.
- Built-in mosquito net: Also known as “built-in”, they consist of a product integrated into the window that hides its mechanisms. They are perfect for very large windows and fit beautifully into any space. Since they are practically invisible, they are to be preferred in all contexts where aesthetics is a priority; however, they cost more and require skilled labor.
- Pleated mosquito net: They have a spring structure that allows you to adjust the opening of the panel as needed. They are ideal for saving space in the home and for small rooms in general. When closed, they take up very little space, and can have horizontal opening for French windows or vertical for windows.
- Panel mosquito net: Sliding or fixed, they are particularly suitable for windows of very different sizes thanks to the modular structure. They can have two, three or four doors, or they can be without handles. For windows that are opened frequently, it is better to focus on the fixed ones.
- Low threshold mosquito nets: They facilitate the passage thanks to the lower guide positioned lower than other models. It is especially suitable for doors and French windows that are used continuously.
- Swing mosquito net: Suitable for windows and French doors of any size. It is ideal for those looking for perennial protection all year round, because the structure is fixed and can be opened as easily as a door.
Tips for Choosing a Mosquito Net
Before proceeding with the purchase of the mosquito net, get an idea of the type that seems most comfortable to the eye. Sometimes, all you need is a trivial mosquito barrier, simple to assemble and economical: in this, it is advisable to focus on the magnets; we are talking about € 20-30 at the most expense. For windows that are never opened, however, a fixed insect screen is also fine.
For French doors that are continuously opened and closed, it is worth choosing one pleated or roller mosquito net, with chain or handle, with no expense spared. Really, trust us on this point: never as in the case of mosquito nets, you pay for quality. A saving of 20 or 30 € translates into poor quality nets that tear after a short time, and into hooking or rolling mechanisms that jam every 3 by two. The investment in robust products (and Italian brand, if possible) guarantees years and years of peaceful use.
Also, pay attention to the overall dimensions of the box and guides, especially when taking measurements. Always make sure that the height and width are within the limits set by the manufacturer. And if the mosquito net is also used for pollen, as well as for mosquitoes, you will also have to install a anti-pollen net which is a specific product.
Bonus Mosquito nets
It was also for 2021 the Mosquito Net Bonus has been extended which allows you to get a personal income tax deduction al 50%, as long as certain requirements are met:
- Install a product that keeps them away mosquitoes, but also providing from solar shading.
- The purchase of mosquito nets takes place by 31 December 2021. The communication of completion of the works to Enea must take place within 90 days from the end of the same. This will result in a tax deduction equal to 50% of the cost incurred.
The reimbursement for users, it can take place in equal installments over 10 years (for example, € 150 per year against a tax deduction of € 1,500) or instantly, the latter option in case of discount on invoice o di credit assignment.
Where to Place a Mosquito Net?
On all windows, French windows and accesses to the outside in the house, with the exception of the main door. Do not place it never near heat sources, fireplaces, stoves etc. For the rest, follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
Clean the Mosquito Net
For the cleaning mosquito nets, the advice is to prefer delicate or natural detergents, not excessively aggressive; there are those who pass the damp sponge directly on the net, but in this way there is the risk of deforming or tearing it. The best procedure is to take them apart and wash them with hot water, detergent and vinegar, or with a very diluted solution of water and ammonia; if you decide to use steam cleaners, be careful not to overdo it: in this case, better read the manufacturer’s instructions first.
Best Mosquito Nets 2021
Source: GreenStyle by www.greenstyle.it.
*The article has been translated based on the content of GreenStyle by www.greenstyle.it. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!