Passers-by who were in the center of Craiova on Monday saw that thick smoke was coming out of the underground passage that covered the University Square. Around 14:30, in the underground passage, a car caught fire due to a short circuit at the electrical installation.
At that time, dozens of cars were passing through the passage, which, fortunately, with the help of the police who happened to be at the intersection of the University, were quickly evacuated, thus preventing a real catastrophe.
Firefighters from the Craiova brigade quickly arrived on the scene with three special cars with water and foam, extinguishing the huge flames. The driver managed to get out of the car, and the other drivers were evacuated before the thick and toxic smoke affected them.
Plut. adj. Filip Paul, head of GIS, stated exclusively for “daily”: „This is the first such intervention in the underground passage and the authorities will have to learn something from what was to happen: there is an urgent need for air vents, because we entered here with gas masks on our faces because of the smoke. dense. It is also necessary to install more hydrants for rapid intervention in such situations”.
Source: Cotidianul RO by www.cotidianul.ro.
*The article has been translated based on the content of Cotidianul RO by www.cotidianul.ro. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!