[CHIFFRES COVID FRANCE] The improvement continues on the national territory with an incidence rate which continues to decrease, and this, in almost all regions. At the same time, the European Medicines Agency is evaluating new vaccines targeting Omicron for a vaccination campaign in the fall.
Covid-19: live announcements
Live, today this Wednesday, September 7:
- The figures of the day of the Covid in France this Tuesday September 6: 26,918 people were infected in 24 hours to September 6, down 1.6% over the last seven days. The positivity rate is falling, it is 16.6% (-11% over one week). In addition, the number of people hospitalized fell over a week, with 2,179 hospitalizations over the last 7 days, (-21.2% in 7 days). The number of deaths also fell with 238 deaths over the last seven days (-14.4%).
- The impact of the health crisis on suicides: the 5th report of the National Suicide Observatory (ONS) today presents the first effects of the health crisis linked to Covid-19 on the risk of suicide. This increased among teens and young women in the second half of 2020.
- In China, the zero-Covid strategy is still relevant : the country massively confines its population. In total, nearly 21 million people are confined in the country.
- New vaccines : the Haute Autorité de Santé will issue an opinion on bivalent vaccines (which target Omicron) in mid-September.
- Have been infected with Omicron in early 2022 (in addition to being vaccinated) would protect against new variants. This is the result of a study published in the New England Journal of Medicine this Wednesday, August 31.
- Weekly epidemiological update: the improvement continued on the national territory with an incidence rate which continued to decrease, and this, in almost all regions. Hospital admissions were still declining nationwide. However, virological indicators remained very high in Reunion.
- Omicron circulates almost exclusively in France and its BA.5 sub-lineage is currently ubiquitous. In mainland France, BA.5 (all sub-lineages combined) represented 95% of interpretable sequences during the Flash S33 survey (08/16). The proportion of BA.4 (all sub-lineages included) during Flash surveys decreases, with 4% of interpretable sequences during Flash S33 against 5% during Flash S32.
- In the context of still active circulation of SARS-CoV-2 and given the epidemic dynamics among the youngest and the resumption of many social activities linked to the end of the summer holidays, “compliance with the combined measures remains essential”, recalls Public Health France : vaccination, isolation in the event of a positive test and/or symptoms, application of barrier gestures and systematic wearing of a mask in the presence of vulnerable people or in the event of crowding in closed spaces and hand washing.
- Vaccination : As of August 29, only 32.9% of those aged 60-79 and 46.2% of those aged 80 and over had received their second booster dose among those eligible (according to the time since their last injection).
- Vaccines against Omicron: two so-called “bivalent” vaccines could get the green light from the EMA on Thursday. They target the original strain of the coronavirus, which emerged in China in 2019, and Omicron’s earlier BA.1 subvariant. The EMA has also recently declared that it is aiming for approval “as early as the fall” of an anti-Covid vaccine from Pfizer/BioNTech targeting the two Omicron BA.4 and BA.5 subvariants. US health officials on Wednesday cleared new versions of Pfizer and Moderna vaccines targeted against BA.4 and BA.5.
- Back to school: at the start of the new school year, the health protocol is at the lowest level. All classes take place face-to-face and the rules for wearing a mask and isolation are the same as in the general population. Learn more about the health protocol at school.
- Brigitte Autran, who heads the committee for monitoring and anticipating health risks (new scientific council) recalls, in a interview in the “World”the need for vaccination to cope with the epidemic resumption expected in the fall.
- Decline in the number of RT-PCR, antigen and saliva tests performed this week: between August 15 and 21, 2022, 737,000 RT-PCR and antigen tests for the detection of SARS-Cov2 were validated (including 45.3% of antigen tests), compared to 907,600 tests the previous week (-19%) , indicates the Directorate of Statistics (Drees). The number of tests is down for all age groups.
- Regular physical activity would reduce the risk of getting sick According to a large study published in the British Journal of Sports Medicine. Here is the weekly duration to achieve to benefit from its benefits.
- The European Union reviews new German vaccine developed by the SK Chemicals laboratory. This vaccine called Skycovion includes nanoparticles containing elements of the Spike protein, i.e. the one found on the surface of the Covid-19 virus, SARS-CoV-2, and also being the one generated by the body during vaccination with using a messenger RNA vaccine, recalls the Ministry of Health. This vaccine also contains an adjuvant which induces a better immune response of the body to the vaccine. If homologated, the Skycovion will be the 7th vaccine approved in the EU.
- Brigitte Autran, president of the Committee for monitoring and anticipating health risks (which has replaced the Scientific Council since August 1), stated in the columns of the Parisian it was “almost certain there will be a wave in the fall“. The immunology professor adds that “the epidemic is not behind us“and that today, “you have to go to live with it“. “This does not mean accepting the dead or the seriousness of the disease. On the contrary“, she ends, still regretting too many people not vaccinated or not revaccinated.Vaccinated with four doses, the boss of Pfizer, Albert Bourla, announced that he was positive for Covid-19 on Monday August 15. He explains “feel good“despite the presence of”mild symptoms“.
- Health professionals and the medico-social sector can now benefit from the second booster dose. The vaccination campaign is extended to all health professionals, employees of the medico-social sector and firefighters, announced the Directorate General of Health (DGS) this Tuesday, July 26. This new dose “does not fall within the scope of the vaccination obligation” : it is therefore recommended but not mandatory.
- The 2e booster now recommended for people under 60 with comorbidities and pregnant women : Due to the epidemic context, namely the strong contagion of the BA.4 and BA.5 variants and after advice from the scientific authorities (Council for the orientation of the vaccine strategy and HAS), the Ministry of Health has decided to extend the population eligible for 2e booster vaccination for 18-60 year olds at risk of a serious form (therefore who have comorbidities), pregnant women, and those close to immunocompromised people (so-called “cocooning” strategy).
- This second booster (not mandatory) is recommended 3 months after the last injection for people over 80 and immunocompromised people, and 6 months later for others, the Ministry of Health further specified during a press briefing on Wednesday. July 20.
- Be careful, in case of infection between the first and the second reminder, the rule changes! Until now, we followed the rule: 1 infection = 1 injection. From now on, in case of infection after the first booster, the second booster is still recommended after a period of 3 months after the infection. The ministry bases its new recommendation on the advice of scientists who believe that the variants are less immunizing.
- Towards a 2e reminder for all in the fall? “No to date, said the ministry on Wednesday, even if we must remain cautious”.
- Long Covid symptoms: A new study conducted by the University of Southern California (USC) and published in the journal Scientific Reports, brings new elements to the symptoms of long Covid. The most common would be headaches at 22%, runny or stuffy nose at 19%… Learn more about long Covid.
- Covid long: Depression, loss of appetite, self-confidence… What are the consequences of a loss of smell that lasts? The explanations of Jean-Marie Lledo, researcher at the CNRS and the Institut Pasteur in our article.
- The Academy of Medicine warns of the risk of an increase in lasting cognitive disorders. In a press release issued this Wednesday, she therefore calls “to study the long-term consequences and the social weight of these prolonged neurological and psychiatric forms.”
- The Covid, soon a disease like the flu? Although the disease is still in the pandemic phase, the spread of the Omicron variant will transform Covid-19 into an endemic disease, Marco Cavaleri, head of vaccine strategy for the European Medicines Agency (EMA), based in Paris, explained on Tuesday. Amsterdam. Read also: Thanks to Omicron, Covid-19 will become an endemic disease: what does that mean?
Covid figures in France: cases, deaths, curves
The results in figures in France as of Tuesday, September 6:
- 26,918 new cases in 24 hours
- 154,273 deaths since the start of the epidemic
- 13,799 patients are currently hospitalized, including 781 patients in intensive care in total
- Test positivity rate: 16,6%
- R effective: 0.9
- More than 54.5 million people who have received at least one dose of vaccine
- New intensive care admissions
- In total, in intensive care
And also :
- How to download the European certified vaccination certificate.
- You can download your Covid-19 certificateon the Tous Anti-Covid app or on the government website.
- Immediate work stoppage: how does this new measure announced by Olivier Véran work? We explain to you.
- The company health protocol is published.
- How to benefit from a home nurse if you are infected with Covid-19? Learn more about home nursing.
- Mental health campaign “talking about it is already treating yourself”:a general public campaign by the Ministry of Health encourages the French to “talk” about their psychological state, which has been severely affected by the Covid-19 pandemic, and recalls the existence of helplines. The objective is to better detect depressive and anxiety disorders before they worsen and/or become chronic. The campaign, broken down into three spots, will be deployed on radio, television and on the Internet.
- The “psy package”which will allow the reimbursement of ten sessions with a psychologist for children and adolescents, will be effective at the end of May.
- Alcoholism: In an anxiety-provoking context, combining health fears and increased precariousness, the mental health of the French is severely affected. At the forefront of the risks, the increase in addiction to alcohol. Stress, alcohol at hand… contribute to relapses. The advice of psychiatrist Fanny Jacq interviewed by Top Santé.
- Covid-long: causes, symptoms, risk profiles… What we know a year after the start of the epidemic
- The oximeters, which allow patients suffering from Covid-19 to measure their oxygen saturation level at home, are reimbursed at 100%. Learn more about home oxygen therapy.
Parliament adopted the extension of the state of health emergency until June 1. A text of law will propose to institute a current transitional regime from June 2 to October 31.
Subscribe to the Top Santé Newsletter to receive the latest news for free
Source: Topsante.com by www.topsante.com.
*The article has been translated based on the content of Topsante.com by www.topsante.com. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!