Interns’ situation does not improve: Could it be that the interns will return to strike in the middle of the fifth wave of Corona virus? The representative of the “Registry” interns’ organization, Dr. Ray Bitton, spoke today (Tuesday) with Liat Ron on her program On North Radio 104.5FM, And said that if no operational conclusions are drawn from the committee agreed with the Ministry of Health, they can start going back to shutdowns as early as next month: “We are raising a red flag.”
On the outline agreed upon by the state with the interns, Bitton first said: “The outline of shortening shifts is set to begin in 10 hospitals in the periphery on April 1 this year. In recent days we are starting to hear more and more voices coming mainly from people “In order to carry out this outline, that they will probably not be able to meet the deadlines, that they are not sure that they will be able to carry out the outline as they had hoped to carry it out.”
“To my great joy, there is an issue here that is a law,” she added. “There is no point here in getting one promise or another. There is a permit signed by the Minister of Economy, Orna Barbibai, and he obliges all hospitals in the periphery to switch to the 18-hour deal as early as April 1, and that is one of the most important things in this whole story. “Therefore, it does not matter what the purpose of the team was, or what was behind the bombastic declaration. What matters is that in the end there is a check here that must be repaid. What we are doing right now is actually raising a red flag.”
“The team needs to publish its conclusions in a month’s,” Bitton continued, “and its conclusions should shed light on how we are implementing this thing properly as early as April 1. So that there are no mistakes, and so that they do not say later that we did not catch things in time, We say – at this point the team had to make operational decisions out.Unfortunately, we are not there yet.What we are doing these days, beyond raising a red flag, we are working harder than you in front of the team directly – giving them all the tools and all the information And everything it takes to get things done. “
The specialist doctor sent a clear message: “If it seems that despite everything we have done, and despite the very significant mobilization of the strongest people in the field, a month later, fail to draw conclusions that will show how to do it practically, and continue to talk about how difficult it is, how complex it is and how it will not happen, in such a situation “There will be no choice but to renew the protest.”
Bitton argued that despite the fifth wave of the corona, it was the right time to strike and collapse the hospitals: “Right now, because in this wave, it is the fifth wave of the corona, followed by the sixth and seventh waves, Working 26 hours in a row under loads we never knew.It brings us to the limit of capacity, and ultimately whoever pays the price, and has to remember it all the way, is the public.We can not continue to lend a hand to this abusive employment because it causes us “To give you treatment is not good enough. That is not why we fought, that is not why we became doctors.”
“We are doing everything we can to give the best care to the citizens of the State of Israel, and we are not the ones who set the timing. The one who sets the timing is the Ministry of Health and the Ministry of Finance,” she added. “Right now they have all the tools to implement the outline. There is a budget, there are standards, there is a permit, there is a decision of the minister, all the means are ripe to implement this move. If he does not implement now, I can not understand what else It will happen that will make him carry it out later. “
In conclusion, she said: “We expect, and we have made it very very clear to the staff, to see in the coming days a decision on the amount of devices, and their distribution to the various hospitals. If it does not happen within a week, then it should happen within two weeks – then they should “To give an account of why this is not happening, is there any other real plan that will make things happen. If it does not happen by the beginning of February, we will definitely renew the protest, we very much hope that we will not get there.”
Source: Maariv.co.il – בריאות by www.maariv.co.il.
*The article has been translated based on the content of Maariv.co.il – בריאות by www.maariv.co.il. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!