Chengdu is among the last cities in China to be under lockdown, due to the implementation of the controversial “zero covid” policy.
About 21 million people have to stay at home, and only one person from the household is allowed to go out to buy basic necessities.
On Thursday, 157 new infections were recorded in the city, along with 51 asymptomatic cases.
Under Chinese rules, the entire city is under strict lockdown, even if a few cases have been reported.
The authorities in Beijing are trying to implement a zero covid policy, although the residents do not agree with it, and it affects the country’s economic growth.
Residents in Chengdu were told not to leave their homes from 6 p.m. Thursday.
All will be tested in the coming days and it is not clear when the restrictions will be lifted.
Meanwhile, people have been banned from leaving Chengdu, the capital of southwestern Sichuan province, and those who test negative for the virus are allowed to go out to get supplies.
State media also report that the start of the school year has been delayed and that airplane flights have been canceled.
Health officials say the situation is extremely complex and difficult, and the outbreak is blamed on mass gatherings during hot days at several bathing and entertainment locations.
Lokdaun u Kini
- Mart: The biggest lockdown during the pandemic in Shanghai lasted two months – many lacked food
- Jun: The high-speed train was stopped, and the passengers were urgently taken to the isolation center as it was found that one passenger had been in contact with the infected
- Jul: Most of Wuhan is under lockdown again after the discovery of four positive cases
- August: Chaotic scenes in Shanghai as health officials try to shut down shoppers in the fronoj kuću Ikea
- August: Videos of fish and crabs being tested with PCR tests are being shared on Chinese social networks
- Apower: Dissatisfaction in China due to the masks on the faces of the volleyball players during the match
Restrictions are currently in place elsewhere in China – Shenzhen in the south and Dalian in the northeast.
Authorities in China have been implementing a series of preventive measures against covid since the first wave of the virus that hit Wuhan in 2019.
They are trying to completely suppress the covid epidemic, claiming that such measures are necessary to prevent an attack on health institutions.
The country has officially recorded less than 15,000 deaths since the beginning of the pandemic, according to data from Johns Hopkins University.
Watch the video
Source: Dnevni list Danas by www.danas.rs.
*The article has been translated based on the content of Dnevni list Danas by www.danas.rs. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!